Leon FR - anyone else missing the lefthand boot net?

andy_l

Dec 22, 2013
Had my new Leon FR 1.4TSI 3 weeks now, notched up 500 miles and not found any issues, except...

I was looking for some place to wedge the firstaid kit etc, and noticed the boot net on the left hand side, which is supposed to be standard on the SE and FR, isn't there. No holes or anything, just a blank space.

Popped into the dealer today and they're going to talk to Parts tomorrow about ordering one. Had a look at the FR in the showroom, it seems to be pretty securely fitted so I don't know if they can simply retrofit it.

Not exactly an earth shattering problem, but a bit odd anyways. Anybody else missing it?

Cheers,

Andy

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Just looked and I'm missing it on my FR also... Is this standard for sure or is this another feature that's been dropped?

andy_l

Dec 22, 2013
Just looked and I'm missing it on my FR also... Is this standard for sure or is this another feature that's been dropped?

Interesting, thanks. It's listed as standard for SE and FR models in both the June and November brochures. Not sure what week my car is (it was off the docks and not factory ordered), but the test ticket in the glove box is dated 12/11/13. Had a look at a whole bunch of FR's on eBay and they all seem to have the net. I guess the factory ran out of SE/FR boot carpet :)

Spoke to the dealer again today and they eventually put one on order, but given the confusion over which boot net I was referring to, I'm not really sure what will turn up. Anyone got access to the parts catalogue?!

Cheers,

Andy

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Will be keeping an eye on this thread.. My car was build week 45.
Might just pop down to the dealers and have a word!

Superfane

Just a curiosity for the ones that don't have the net: do you have light in your glove box? I'm asking because there was a rumour that starting with a certain week (I'm sorry, but I don't remember what week it is), the glove box light and the small boot net will be removed.

andy_l

Dec 22, 2013
Just a curiosity for the ones that don't have the net: do you have light in your glove box? I'm asking because there was a rumour that starting with a certain week (I'm sorry, but I don't remember what week it is), the glove box light and the small boot net will be removed.

Yep, I've got a glovebox light. I know Seat need to find all those savings somewhere, but deleting the glovebox light would be pretty mean...

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
The SEAT lottery strikes again! It was the MK4 Ibiza where there was a lottery as to whether you'd get a glovebox light or not I believe.

I need to double check my week 45 FR but now you guys mention it, I think the net is missing too! :D

andy_l

Dec 22, 2013
I need to double check my week 45 FR but now you guys mention it, I think the net is missing too! :D

Hmm! I'm guessing mine is either week 45 or 46. We need someone with an FR newer than that to check the presence of the lefthand boot net...

andy_l

Dec 22, 2013
The left hand net in the boot has been deleted as of build week 45

Thanks for the definitive answer Matthew. Bit disappointing since the genuine boot liner is cut out for the net, plus the Leon boot is pretty short of any other cubby holes (i.e. none).

Cheers,

Andy

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
The left hand net in the boot has been deleted as of build week 45

Thanks for the answer.
Pretty annoying for my week 45 build then, the net gets deleted and the reversing mirror got reinstated at week 49!

Out of interest, did anyone actually get their dealer to order and install the net?

I know the 'small print' alleges they can vary the specification blah blah but I'm not aware of any other item you can purchase where the seller can just provide you with something different at a whim. Oh well.

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
I have the net but frankly it wouldn't bother me if I didn't. I can't see much use for it and it is very tiny.

If I'm honest Fred I agree with you. It's more of a principle thing, SEAT keep messing around with the spec as and when they please and the only time the customer finds out is when the car gets handed over, its not on really.
Both this net and the reverse dipping mirror, however minor they seem to us, were explicitly detailed in the brochures. So SEAT felt they were important enough selling points to explicitly list them in their brochures but then couldn't be arsed to put them in the cars whilst not telling anyone.

Old man rant from a not so old man over. :lol:

andy_l

Dec 22, 2013
I have the net but frankly it wouldn't bother me if I didn't. I can't see much use for it and it is very tiny.

Agreed, although the SEAT boot liner tray is cut/shaped to allow for the net so it looks a bit clumsy without it, plus there are no other cubby holes or storage loops in the boot.

Dealer was meant to ring with an update regarding the parts, I'll give them a call on Monday.

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
So put a few simple plastic boxes in the boot if you need organised storage. A few elastic straps will keep them in place. A little tiny net on one side of the boot won't help a lot.

Yes, I agree it is bad that SEAT publish the exact details of what is included and then change it - but that is why they always publish a disclaimer that things may change.

I am sure the same applies to other manufacturers.

That said I do find it difficult to understand why dipping mirrors suddenly became a problem and after a few weeks were reinstated.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.