Leon FR - anyone else missing the lefthand boot net?

andy_l

Dec 22, 2013
So put a few simple plastic boxes in the boot if you need organised storage. A few elastic straps will keep them in place. A little tiny net on one side of the boot won't help a lot.

Yes, I agree it is bad that SEAT publish the exact details of what is included and then change it - but that is why they always publish a disclaimer that things may change.

Already got a boot tidy! When I started this thread, it wasn't known that SEAT had deleted the net. If the dealer comes back with a 'no' regarding the parts, then fair enough. I've got better things to do than argue about such things.

All the best

Andy

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
It just struck me as a really half hearted attempt to provide some useful storage. If they had a nice big net on the back of each seat that could be useful but I guess it might create problems if you wanted to drop the seats.

I didn't go for the spare wheel and find the extra space under the floor really useful.

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
I also noticed the brochure states "Storage boxes under front seats" yet only my drivers seat has any form of storage. :D

Another lottery? What have you guys got?

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Both my driver and passenger seat has storage but I don't find them very useful. Not sure if there might be 1 or 2 boxes in the SE.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Thats shocking if they have skimped out on these. I lost out on the headlight washers (when it was part of the tech pack) and the dipping mirrors but at least I was told about it (and brochures updated to delete them) so knew I wasn't getting it.

labmousee

Geek
Dec 22, 2013
Israel
I have the boot net and the boxes in my FR.

I am now waiting to hear from the dealer what remuneration will I get for the dipping mirrors since this option is part of my purchase contract.

P.S.
Anyone can tell me how do know which week was my car manufactured on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taff

Jun 10, 2002
South Wales
Just checked my FR and i have the net with the front seat under storage (both passenger and driver). Not really that useful tbh.

However my mirrors do not dip down in reverse either when switched left or right.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_276 using Tapatalk

cmcc

Just checked my FR and i have the net with the front seat under storage (both passenger and driver). Not really that useful tbh.

However my mirrors do not dip down in reverse either when switched left or right.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_276 using Tapatalk

Same exactly on my FR.Not that bothered about the dipping mirror personally but can see where dropping it from the spec. then reinstating would annoy some buyers.

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
I am now waiting to hear from the dealer what remuneration will I get for the dipping mirrors since this option is part of my purchase contract.
]

I think you will find that your contract gives them the right to change the spec at any time.

Personally, although I was expecting them, as I rely on the parking assist screen I don't have time to watch the mirrors at the same time.

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
interesting reading through this, i was planning on doing an upgrade of my interior lights, and realised i dont have a glovebox light!

its an 07 FR tdi,

any one have any ideas if i should have or no? i would imagine even if i am missing one, its a bit late to do anything about it now, but would just like to know :)

keithjeb

Nov 1, 2013
tbf the net is pretty useful for stuff like scarf/gloves/scraper at this time of year. Straps don't work as there are no anchors, at least not in the FR.

I got one of the 'variable load organiser' things when I got mine (they're only £12.50 or something) which is pretty nifty - basically 2 l shaped bits of plastic about 5" high with velcro on the bottom. Sounds useless, but they do a great job of holding boxes/shopping bags etc in place rather than sliding round the boot.

kingstonian

Jan 22, 2014
Athens | Greece
for the 1.4TSI SE trim, I was told that I had to pay extra 150 euros-120GBP (location: greece) for what they called storage pack, including the net, the covered cubbyhole and storage boxes under the seats!!...They did not mention anything about glovebox light! though!
According to the seller the changes where introduced Jan 2014 and before that covered cubbyhole was standard!!

although I did order it..just because the blank cubbyhole looked rather cheap I still consider it a rip-off.
Also for the greek speced SE the electric reversing mirrors are extra, although they are adjusted through the knob...(what extra trick is this??)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.