Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R now APR stage 2+

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Worth running the engine for a short while to soften the rubber plugs up a little, makes the job a bit easier.

Sent from LG G2 using Tuppytalk

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Worth running the engine for a short while to soften the rubber plugs up a little, makes the job a bit easier.

Sent from LG G2 using Tuppytalk

Good thinking, I'll keep that in mind for next time I remove my cover.

Hi

Any details about the intake shroud?

When you say intake shroud do you mean the heat shield around the air filter? If so it comes as part of the Evoms V-flow induction kit.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Just bought a set of Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 18x8 ET 45 in anthracite with Dunlop sport max tyres £500. I was just browsing the web and came across them thought the price was to good to turn down, picking them up Saturday. Going to use these as trackday wheels either going to sell or use the tyres on the wheels then buy some trackday tyres. Also I'm thinking of getting the wheels refurbed maybe a colour a bit different.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Had a quiet day at work so I took the work van over to Northumberland to pick these up.

BBE382AD-0A0F-45D3-A7EC-28CAFB5A4524.jpg

FD99420E-EDE5-4E16-AF35-9ECB2470DF68.jpg

Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2s. I knew these are lightweight wheels but I didn't realise how light they are.
The wheels are in a pretty good condition only 1 is kerbed. The tyres have loads of tread so I'll be using the Dunlop sports max tyres up then buying some trackday tyres. But before the trackday tyres go on I'll be refurbing the wheels, I'm not 100% what colour to go for yet.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Mk2 Leon Cupra R, Croft trackday pics

Very nice R, suits the colour. Also some tasteful mods ;)

Thanks mate, more mods to come.

From Northumberland eh?
I would have had them before you had I known they were for sale :)

Yeah the lad I got them off is from Prudhoe, if you got these before me Shnazzle my money would have just gone on a BCS downpipe and sports cat.

Do them white

won't look as good as your white wheels tho

think they'd look better black

I was actually thinking white because I quite like the look of Big Eck and AndrewJB white wheels.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Deffo white. Jakes winter wheels are also white and look great against the yellow.

Are you still going back to white wheels after winter? I think your car looks better with white wheels.
Might be a while before I get the TD's refurbed but at the minute White is at the top of the list.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Call me tight if you like but if they're only trackday wheels then just leave them as they are.

Mainly trackday wheels but if we ever get a good summer I'll be using them on the road. Might only be a few weeks in a year but I want them to look their best and a refurb doesn't cost that much.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members