Richies 2010 Leon Cupra

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I put rubber edging all round mine but may consider cutting the top off after seeing that :think:

Sent from LG G2 using Tuppytalk

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
I put rubber edging all round mine but may consider cutting the top off after seeing that :think:

I would like. It fits spot on if I'm honest

But, the bolt that secures it to the engine keeps coming a bit loose :confused:

Do I need to put some locktite on it or something??

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Mines fine, don't overtighten it but it shouldn't come loose with a pinch up.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Wouldn't use glue though dude, it gets very hot in there for one thing, remember what used to happen to Ferrari 458's when they first came out ;)

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
20140622_150549_zpsxmpfoqds.jpg

20140622_150537_zps9ncw945e.jpg

20140622_150511_zpsagygzxch.jpg

Took a few pics of the engine bay after I'd cleaned it up a bit and removed the saggy bonnet lining

Will seal the scuttle at some point this week.

Haven't drove it since I removed the bonnet lining, hope it is a bit louder.

Will be stripping the interior out at some point next week too, should be fun.....lol

DanielW

Dec 8, 2013
Newcastle
Tbf the engine cover is clean, it just looks sh1t when its been modified to fit. Should have got the TTS cover like I was going to lol :(. But you live and learn. Just going to run it without engine cover for the moment

honestly mate, even if you do a few mods like intake and remap you will start to unleash the potential of the car and it'll give u a massive boner every time you drive it lol. I love the sound of the intake, constantly dropping a gear just so I can hear it again!!!

I'll take you out for a spin in it and sort out some magical VCDS stuff for you soon if u want?

Could kill 2 birds with 1 stone and VCDS mine too? pretty please ;). We can have ourselves a mini north east meet? lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.