Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R now APR stage 2+

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R, now APR stage 2

Look forward to the wee bit of sport mate lol. I'll not have my new brakes on by then unfortunately :(

Yeah it should be good fun. Two very similar cars modded differently. You have extra power, I'll have better brakes since you won't have your BBK on then. Handling both set ups very different.

Last edited:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Yeah it should be good fun. Two very similar cars modded differently. You have extra power, I'll have better brakes since you won't have your BBK on then. Handling both set ups very different.

Your not that far off power wise from me tbh mate. Your handling on the other hand is very track focused lol.

excellent news guys hope you enjoy yourselfs and please take care ;)

You should take the drive up with him bud ;)

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Your not that far off power wise from me tbh mate. Your handling on the other hand is very track focused lol.

We'll have to see how it handles after the alignment. And if I have time to sort something I might have a little extra to help me around the track. :)

toosmiles you should come up, there is still places left.

Feb 16, 2013
North Wales
cheers for the invite guys but ill have to pass this time sorry
ive got a trip to aks tuning next week then my track day in blyton the following week,but let me know next time please
cheers

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
As I'm off up to Knockhill for a track evening soon, I decide I would buy some track tyres to help out. I managed to get these at a very good price, the two that will be on the front have loads of tread left and the other are about 2mm. This is what I got Yokohama A048's

So the R 19's went back on the car.

So I could get the TD's and A048 in the boot I removed the back seats, which I leaving out till after Knockhill. Once loaded up I went round to my local tyre fitters, 30 minutes later and my wallet £30 lighter I returned home with 4 of these.

I can't wait to test them. :)

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R, now APR stage 2

Today I went down to Stattler's to have my ALK and adjustable ball joints fit and fast road geom. Stattler's done very good job and I'm really happy with the car now, for any future work on my car I'll be using stattlers again.

Awesome ALK, the SuperPro bushes pressed in to a stock housing powder coated red.

SuperPro adjustable ball joints.

And afterwards with a little bit of camber added.

So tomorrow I've got my car to load up with my TD's and off up to Knockhill to test the fast road geom and A048's tyres on the track. Can't wait its going to be a good evening.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
So I went up to Knockhill last Wednesday night, It was a very good night. Knockhill is a fairly short curcuit, with a few corners on crests so you can't see the exit of the corner until your half way round the corner. It took me a good few laps to get a bit of a idea where to aim for the exits of them corners.
I really enjoyed the night and will be returning to Knockhill for a trackday in the future.

I'm really pleased with how my car performed. The handling mods, geom and tyres made my car feel like a complete different car to last time I was on the track with basically a standard set up.

Here is a few pics my mate got of me.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Was great meeting you mate. Gutted I couldn't have went on track more and had a bit of sport with you but my driving chasing Garry put a stop to that lol.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
My favourite car of the night :D

Cheers mate, can't believe your turbo went bang. But like you said now you have a reason to go big turbo.

nice 1 kev,glad you enjoyed it
dont forget about oulton park next time ;)

We'll have to get something sorted for oulton park towards the end of summer, a few people have told me it's their favourite track.

Was great meeting you mate. Gutted I couldn't have went on track more and had a bit of sport with you but my driving chasing Garry put a stop to that lol.

Great meeting you aswell. A bit sport would of made my night. Any news on your gearbox?

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Aye mate. I'm taking it in tomorrow to let a guy have a listen to it. Pretty sure its the 4th gear synchro that's knackered, at least I hope that's it. I just need to set aside a week to leave the car with them.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.