Gas struts mod

ECB

Edward CB
Jun 26, 2013
Northampton
Is there any chance you can see me the guy who makes the brackets details please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 93371

can anyone tell me if the ball joint size needed is 13mm? I found 2 new a3 struts for 11.89 on ebay and 2 13mm ball joints for 2.99 but can't find anywere that says what size joint is needed?

ECB

Edward CB
Jun 26, 2013
Northampton
Done mine today, 5 minute job.
3a0fc39f9b424f4249e5ad95cbc0a76b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
This mod should have been factory but then again they need a reason to charge the extra for a S3.

Can I have the details of the gent I need the bracket please.

Deleted member 93371

Could you please pm me the details as well, would like to get this done :)

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
I had all the stuff but the strut I got was duff. I remember it needed to have an angled end. The a3 ones (newer ines) seem to not have this angle. So should it be the older A3 8L form or 8P?

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
I had all the stuff but the strut I got was duff. I remember it needed to have an angled end. The a3 ones (newer ines) seem to not have this angle. So should it be the older A3 8L form or 8P?

Daniel M has put one of the Audi A3 8L ones on his so I've just gone for the same because I assume it must be fine. The VAG part number is 8L0823359.

This is the strut I ordered which is just some no-name one probably made in the far east: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290946506377

It seems to be the end on the damper that is usually slightly angled but you can't tell from the picture of the one I've ordered (it might just be a stock picture anyway). If you look at the Febi Bilstein ones for the 8L you can clearly see the slight angle HERE), but again there is no way of knowing if stock pictures from another model have just been used.

I'm still in the process of getting some brackets from Nik so I'll let you know if this particular strut is OK once I get all the bits and have tried to fit it. The strut only cost £6 anyway so if it's no use then I've not really wasted a lot and will just source another.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise