USB port

DANFR180

Feb 8, 2016
Hi,

is the only usb port on the mk3 (MY2016) in the glove box ? or is there another for charging etc?

thanks

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
On my MY16 model there are two.... Both in centre console unit.....one link to head unit, the other by arm rest which is just power and seems to charge quicker so I guess has higher mah output?

DANFR180

Feb 8, 2016
On my MY16 model there are two.... Both in centre console unit.....one link to head unit, the other by arm rest which is just power and seems to charge quicker so I guess has higher mah output?

thanks for the info, have you got full link?

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Sorry, you are right. Forgot I paid for it when ordering.....wish I hadn't though as so limited functionality means I prefer just to pair android phone via blue tooth.

DANFR180

Feb 8, 2016
from what I understand MY16 Leons support full link and you are basically paying to activate it, but not sure on the usb port ? do you only get the extra port if you spec full link from factory? I am not bothered about full link at this stage but the extra usb and being full link ready would be ideal. cheers for the input

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
from what I understand MY16 Leons support full link and you are basically paying to activate it, but not sure on the usb port ? do you only get the extra port if you spec full link from factory? I am not bothered about full link at this stage but the extra usb and being full link ready would be ideal. cheers for the input

Sorry....I am really not with it tonight! I only have one USB....the other is the 12v socket with USB adapter in it!

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I only have a single USB port in my16 cupra. It's in the centre console under the climate controls. No USB in the glove box just cd player and 2 sd card slots

Last edited:

Stubzie83

May 8, 2016
Redhill, Surrey
Does the MY15 Cupra have any USB ports? I picked mine up yesterday but can't seem t find one, just have an Old style Apple connector on a cable in the glovebox and SD card slots

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Does the MY15 Cupra have any USB ports? I picked mine up yesterday but can't seem t find one, just have an Old style Apple connector on a cable in the glovebox and SD card slots
On the cupra it is in the centre console in front of gear stick....near the little cubby hole thingy.

Last edited:

Stubzie83

May 8, 2016
Redhill, Surrey
Not sure how I missed that. Thanks!

I definitely don't have one as my cubby is completely empty with no USB/aux sockets. I've seen some interior pics on google images where there isn't one fitted so maybe they stopped putting them in?

Guess I'll have to get a USB adapter to fit in the MDI socket in the glovebox...

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
On my 2k16 fr is in centre console aux and usb.i have full link
12v between seats
2xsd and cd in the glowebox

vag familia