USB port

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I definitely don't have one as my cubby is completely empty with no USB/aux sockets. I've seen some interior pics on google images where there isn't one fitted so maybe they stopped putting them in?

Guess I'll have to get a USB adapter to fit in the MDI socket in the glovebox...

If you haven't got a usb socket in the centre console then there should be a usb adapter lead supplied with the car. That was the standard set up before the my2016 screen upgrade

Last edited:

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
USB was moved to the centre console for the Leon from model year 16 (build week 22/2015 onwards). Before that it was in the glove box and the car was supplied with a USB adaptor. Defiantly one thing people should be checking for when buying second hand.

Last edited:

ActionScript

Mar 10, 2016
USB was moved to the centre console for the Leon from model year 16 (build week 22/2015 onwards). Before that it was in the glove box and the car was supplied with a USB adaptor. Defiantly one thing people should be checking for when buying second hand.

This is something I wished I knew when I bought my car. I spotted the USB was in the glove box and how awkward that would be to use, but as there's an SD card I decided I could live with it. I also very, very rarely charge my phone in the car.

However, if I'd have known that they moved it to the centre console, I'd probably have taken a different approach.

Anyway, if you're looking to purchase a Leon second hand and you like charging/playing music through your phone, this is definitely a key point to look for.

No idea why they had it in the glove box to start with, such bad design.

PHILMEWAGON

Long member
Apr 4, 2013
Boro

I'm going to buy my 2013 leon tomorrow. What does the adapter look like?