Cupra 290 lowering

LiamCupra290

Mar 11, 2016
Few questions about lowering my new 290 Cupra!

I'm ideally wanting to use Eibach, anyone know if there are sport line springs from Eibach designed for the current Cupra?

Anyone already got a 280/290 lowered? What are your experiences with the ride/handling etc.

And finally is the DCC affected? I like the DCC not sure whether lowering it would be worth sacrificing...

Thanks all!

LiamCupra290

Mar 11, 2016
All the usual suspects offer lowering springs / coilovers for the car.

I run VWR springs (made by Eibach)

How have you found the VWR springs? Initially my preference was the Eibach Sportlines for the increased drop but I've read a great deal of good press on the VWR springs...

Would you say the VWR springs offer a noticeable drop? I'm after filling the wheel arch a little as I think the standard height is slightly too high for the gap.

Cheers

LiamCupra290

Mar 11, 2016
I'm looking to go with one of H&R, Eibach or VWR. Anyone with any experience with them? I'm curious to know what the drop is like on each because people seem to suggest Eibach for a greater drop than the VWR but according to the Eibach specs they drop 20-25mm, the exact same as the VWR?

SteJP

Jan 24, 2015
VMR don't drop really anything so I decided not to follow the crowd and go for H&R Springs with a 35mm drop. Make the car look so much better. Handles good and they support DCC. Noticeable difference between Cupra and comfort

Xpo

May 7, 2016
Sweden
I put h&r springs on my 280 with dcc and they ride like stock. Lowered an additional 2.5-3cm front and back.

Last edited:

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
Few questions about lowering my new 290 Cupra!

I'm ideally wanting to use Eibach, anyone know if there are sport line springs from Eibach designed for the current Cupra?

Anyone already got a 280/290 lowered? What are your experiences with the ride/handling etc.

And finally is the DCC affected? I like the DCC not sure whether lowering it would be worth sacrificing...

Thanks all!

Eibach list the Pro springs for the Cupra model - https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/ca...g-suspension-springsleon-5f-cupra-20t-si-0912

Damian @ DPM Performance

Bahnstormer

Cupra 280 DSG
May 16, 2016
Will the tyres rub the fenders with a 35mm (H&R) drop? I usually drive alone or with the missus but in the summer time the car can be fully packed and with 3 person on board.

30-35mm seems like a lot but I'm still temped to get those if the comfort isn't too compromised.

Btw, I have 19" stock wheels and tyres.

LiamCupra290

Mar 11, 2016
Will the tyres rub the fenders with a 35mm (H&R) drop? I usually drive alone or with the missus but in the summer time the car can be fully packed and with 3 person on board.

30-35mm seems like a lot but I'm still temped to get those if the comfort isn't too compromised.

Btw, I have 19" stock wheels and tyres.

I've decided to go with the H&R 35mm ones though the email H&R sent me suggests it will more likely be 30mm front and back. Can't imagine it will be a problem, I've seen ones much lower!

Xpo

May 7, 2016
Sweden
I've decided to go with the H&R 35mm ones though the email H&R sent me suggests it will more likely be 30mm front and back. Can't imagine it will be a problem, I've seen ones much lower!

Yes it's around 25-30mm drop. I have 18x8" et45 with 225/40 tires and no rub whatsoever. With stock wheels(i'm guessing you're on 19x8" et50 with 235/35) should be no problem at all.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.