what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Fitted the 034 Motorsport Dogmount insert. People aren’t overestimating how good this mod is. Just got to see if the wife notices the extra vibration.

@paddy6789 also needs to post in this thread, after he’s finished treating his Mrs first lol

Reactions: paddy6789

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Managed to get the Rieger Cupra diffuser on with many thanks to Damo H for his help, time and driveway.

1f169bc365886414084fabbf4e11d8fc.jpg

2817e9c397d72683faf0deb0af1b48ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
Pothole 1 : Tyre 0...

Despite best efforts to avoid the mess that are the roads around here. I managed to take a huge chunk out of the sidewall of my tyre today, very minor damage to the alloy itself, but it's going to need a new tyre :censored: :cry:

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Well after weeks of photoshopping, spent the better part of the day getting some custom vinyl bits on the car.

Got them done by the place @paddy6789 recommended (JD Vehicle Customs).

I still need to add the CUPRA logos to the side stripes, and in the day light I’m undecided on the front red pinstripe - as it can look pink - so may take that bit off.

But the work Tariq did is exactly what I asked for so chuffed to bits.

Covered number plate area in black to cover the screw holes for the longer plate.
Covered lip of bumper in black.
White (Oyster Grey) on the splitter and red pin stripe.
Gloss black side stripes with red pin stripe.

D05D8F64-370A-491F-865C-7BD0882E54A4.jpeg 9CF83863-19C7-4380-AC38-536B5FCF6DA1.jpeg

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
That looks ace! Was it difficult to fit?

If you have any more photos of the rear spoiler lip you would you mind posting them? Im thinking of getting one of them too :cheers:

Cheers! :)

It wasn't difficult as such, but it certainly had it's challenges, and I wouldn't have been able to do it on my own - I had a massive help from @Damo H on the physical side and we followed @theoldboy 's guide to remove the rear bumper.

Removing the rear bumper itself wasnt too bad once all the screws had been 'correctly' located and removed (slight fail on my part with my side of the car, but @Damo H managed with no problem at all!).

Note - be careful when removing the rear lights screw...I now have a plastic washer bouncing around in my rear boot lining/wheel arch somewhere!

Once the bumper was off, the hardest part was removing the existing diffuser, which was a complete ballache! There will be stabbing and trapping of fingers, potentially a lot of swearing (we refrained as there were ladies & children present), and the overwhelming urge to take a hammer to the bumper and then launch it into the nearest field.

Once the old diffuser is off, install the bumper back on the car (making sure you use the correct screws for the ones under the lights before they go back on!).

Rieger kindy provided the destructions in German, so we had to roughly see what was happening through the unclear black and white pictures provided.

Simply slide the new diffuser into the bumper, then get under the car. There are 5 metal brackets provided (much like the ones in IKEA furniture) which utilise the old diffuser screw holes, and then allow you to bolt the diffuser on. The three in the middle are fine. The two on the outside are a pain. But we managed to do it all in around 3 and a half hours with most of our fingers and hands in tact.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Reactions: Semtax

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Cheers! :)

It wasn't difficult as such, but it certainly had it's challenges, and I wouldn't have been able to do it on my own - I had a massive help from @Damo H on the physical side and we followed @theoldboy 's guide to remove the rear bumper.

Removing the rear bumper itself wasnt too bad once all the screws had been 'correctly' located and removed (slight fail on my part with my side of the car, but @Damo H managed with no problem at all!).

Note - be careful when removing the rear lights screw...I now have a plastic washer bouncing around in my rear boot lining/wheel arch somewhere!

Once the bumper was off, the hardest part was removing the existing diffuser, which was a complete ballache! There will be stabbing and trapping of fingers, potentially a lot of swearing (we refrained as there were ladies & children present), and the overwhelming urge to take a hammer to the bumper and then launch it into the nearest field.

Once the old diffuser is off, install the bumper back on the car (making sure you use the correct screws for the ones under the lights before they go back on!).

Rieger kindy provided the destructions in German, so we had to roughly see what was happening through the unclear black and white pictures provided.

Simply slide the new diffuser into the bumper, then get under the car. There are 5 metal brackets provided (much like the ones in IKEA furniture) which utilise the old diffuser screw holes, and then allow you to bolt the diffuser on. The three in the middle are fine. The two on the outside are a pain. But we managed to do it all in around 3 and a half hours with most of our fingers and hands in tact.
What he said ^
7.5 finger Damo

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
That spoiler tip looks spot on... especially with that colour. Be a bit pointless on black Cupra though

I’m not sure whether to get the rest of the spoiler wrapped in black, or part of the spoiler, or to leave it as it is.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
I’m not sure whether to get the rest of the spoiler wrapped in black, or part of the spoiler, or to leave it as it is.

Personally I’d leave it but it’s not my car and we all have different tastes

Reactions: Damo H

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Cheers! Appreciate the detail of the install and those photos!

Did the spoiler take long to arrive? They seem to have mixed reviews looking at Google / Facebook

Think it took about 3 days from ordering to arrive. Comes with a cleaning wipe and then some 3M tape stuck to it. Peel off, place carefully and then stick down.

One note - peeling off the Maxton sticker on it leaves some residue behind. It may have been because I’d left it on the car for a week or so before removing, but I had to get some sticky stuff remover to clean it up.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Personally I’d leave it but it’s not my car and we all have different tastes

I can’t make my mind up about it. The TRC side skirts go on in a week so I’ll see how the car looks after they are on.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Think it took about 3 days from ordering to arrive. Comes with a cleaning wipe and then some 3M tape stuck to it. Peel off, place carefully and then stick down.

One note - peeling off the Maxton sticker on it leaves some residue behind. It may have been because I’d left it on the car for a week or so before removing, but I had to get some sticky stuff remover to clean it up.

I ordered it on 31st March and installed it on 5th April :)

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Rotated the wheels, cleaned the brake crap off them and the calipers, had a look around - all good.
1 - 1.5mm off the Contis in 5000km, the bugger is a tyre eater. Must get PS4's.

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Got my roof and bumper wrapped today, gloss black to match the rest of the car. Then fitted my Maxton Design Lip Spoiler and I'm delighted with how it looks now. Just because I saw people asking, I was waiting nearly 4 weeks for my spoiler to be dispatched, they claimed they were under high demand and they were waiting on more to arrive in stock, other than the wait there's no issues but it's something to consider. It's also over priced for what it is but since there's no alternatives it's gotta do. The TRC splitter is going on tomorrow and that's the exterior jobs finished for now.
HVqLrMa.jpg

ikQ2ogK.jpg

SUEWtkSh.jpg

Reactions: p.eco
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise