Attending a Trackday?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Vwtrev, I’m not sure that’s the case with Bedford Autodrome.
It’s a 3-8 mile GT circuit. Permanent course. As with Snetterton they run various layouts but the GT is the whole track.
I may be wrong but I hope not. Will see in 2 weeks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: vwtrev

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Your right, its got a proper track plus other outboard tracks for drifting, etc. that's probably where I've seen the cones in Videos.

Your thoughts on it afterwards would be appreciated :)

Deleted member 103408

Thanks @vwtrev and @Sparkie information on track days has been very helpful.

I have booked a novice track day with instructor at Cadwel Park to start me off, before I come out and play with the rest of the team :)

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Thanks @vwtrev and @Sparkie information on track days has been very helpful.

I have booked a novice track day with instructor at Cadwel Park to start me off, before I come out and play with the rest of the team :)

Great move.
It’s the best buzz you can get with your pants still on.
Instructor is worth a few seconds a lap I recon.
May look at that on my next outing.
You and any others are always welcome to join in. More the merrier.
If I fess up, we are thee “mature” adults not young guns. But I think we still haven’t grown up yet.
We are up for anybody joining in,
Would be good to see some other Seats too.

Pit lane is full of like minded people and there’s a good spirit that runs through most out there. You’ll have a blast. Enjoy it.

ps. take a couple of coil packs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Deleted member 103408

Thanks, well that's my plan more track time and I am very near to cadwell park which is always handy.
And with regards to the pants on, it does say in the terms and conditions you legs must be fully covered :)

Coil packs - I am going to have to speak with the guys in the know to see if there are better packs so i dont suffer that failure. I know there are lots of guys who have strong views on the very expensive spark plugs but I am not ready for that yet.

Me I am a mature as well and as I said to my mrs 60 is now middle age so I am having a mid life crisis (for the second time).

Reactions: vwtrev and Sparkie

Deleted member 103408

:) start saving the second one is more expensive than the first one.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
When does this mid life crisis happen... is 34 old enough lol

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
My midlife crisis started at 18 , I'm now 54 and it shows no sign of ending anytime soon ....40+ bike trackdays started at age 40 and lost count of car track days but not done any past 4 years :-()

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
When does this mid life crisis happen... is 34 old enough lol

Old enough to come join in with us mate.
I’m not in crisis, but think it’s because I’ve never “grown up” fully.
More of a kid than my son, sometimes.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
My midlife crisis started at 18 , I'm now 54 and it shows no sign of ending anytime soon ....40+ bike trackdays started at age 40 and lost count of car track days but not done any past 4 years :-()
It would be good to have you join us one day.
Where on the map are you?
We are Uxbridge area nr Heathrow and west London based.
We’ve been trying out tracks close to us as poss.

Snetterton was an overnight job to get there on time in the morning.
Doing Bedford Autodrome on Monday. Which is just over an hr away.
Loads of run off which I like. Don’t mind the front splitter mowing a lawn. But not keen on it eating a barrier.

Deleted member 103408

Maybe this would be a great SEATCUPRA.NET day out to hire a track for the team ??? @Jimbobcook , @Legojon another idea for 2019 to get people out.

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Im in Essex, near Southend on Sea. Have done Brands many many times, Rockingham, Snett, Donnington, Cadwell and Coombe.

It would be fun.

It would be good to have you join us one day.
Where on the map are you?
We are Uxbridge area nr Heathrow and west London based.
We’ve been trying out tracks close to us as poss.

Snetterton was an overnight job to get there on time in the morning.
Doing Bedford Autodrome on Monday. Which is just over an hr away.
Loads of run off which I like. Don’t mind the front splitter mowing a lawn. But not keen on it eating a barrier.

Reactions: vwtrev and Sparkie

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I would to come and watch people on the track but I wouldn't trust myself to keep my car between the lines lol

Be great to get people together again, is there a good track for a group of people to chill out without being in the way lol I'm up for a meet anytime but I think London area might be a bit of a drive for @Maypack and @Legojon you guys north west and west Midlands?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I would to come and watch people on the track but I wouldn't trust myself to keep my car between the lines lol

Be great to get people together again, is there a good track for a group of people to chill out without being in the way lol I'm up for a meet anytime but I think London area might be a bit of a drive for @Maypack and @Legojon you guys north west and west Midlands?

Long long drive for me to London. It’ll end up an overnight stay or so for me. Saying that I’m like yourself, wouldn’t trust myself on a track. Not with my current setup. Mind you it would be fun to see how others get on.

@Jimbobcook we could always cheer from the Grandstand lol.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Deleted member 103408

dont forget the port, ok forget track day how about a brewery weekend :)

Reactions: Maypack
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members