Previous owner being lazy in removing protective wrap?
Me for being fussy?
It's on the driver's side rear door where the 2 parts of the trim meet - need to wiggle a trim removal tool in there to get it out as it looks so pants right now!
My 2 new cars, Seat Ibiza and Volvo V40, came with all wraps off when I collected it...not that it answered ur question....but this was my experience...
I think that any protective plastic wrapping that’s on the door cards would be removed in the factory before the door cards are installed in the car.
I saw my current VW before it was PDI’d and the door pulls had a protective cardboard sleeve on them and there was some self adhesive protective sheet attached to the lower section of the door card (presumably to prevent scuffing from feet of garage technicians getting in and out of the car), but there wasn’t any plastic wrapping on the upper sections of the door cards. I’d imagine Seat would be the same. Having said that, if any plastic wrap hasn’t been completely removed on the factory production line, the dealer ought to have removed it as part of PDI. Obviously the previous owner wasn’t too bothered about it (or may not even have noticed!).
I don’t think you’re being too fussy - if it was me, I’d not want to be able to see it. Might be easier to try and tuck it down behind the door card with a trim removal tool, rather than get it out.
At least yours was correctly on. My second hand Leon had enough space for my pinky. Had to remove the whole card to re-hang it. Didn't spot until a week or two driving
At least yours was correctly on. My second hand Leon had enough space for my pinky. Had to remove the whole card to re-hang it. Didn't spot until a week or two driving
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.