high level brake light

greenlaner2009

Jul 31, 2014
hi guy and gals help required, my 2012 altea xl has light bulb displayed on dash I have checked all bulbs and they seem ok, this light comes on after starting the car when I press the brake pedal, brake lights work fine but the high level brake light works but looks to me as if one light on the end does not illuminate and the one next to it flickers, questions are would this put light on dash, if so are the bulbs replaceable.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Not sure about the altea. On my Leon you had a strip of 12 lights. When a percentage of the LEDs failed, the light came of the dash. I think for me it was around 50% of them though. The strip was all one unit, cost about £35 I think.

Reactions: greenlaner2009

greenlaner2009

Jul 31, 2014
Not sure about the altea. On my Leon you had a strip of 12 lights. When a percentage of the LEDs failed, the light came of the dash. I think for me it was around 50% of them though. The strip was all one unit, cost about £35 I think.
would you have any idea how to remove the strip of lights from the car i.e does it just need prizing out or will it be screwed in from behind the plastic surround of the boot lid kind regards Graham

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
would you have any idea how to remove the strip of lights from the car i.e does it just need prizing out or will it be screwed in from behind the plastic surround of the boot lid kind regards Graham

If it's the same as the Leon... there's two rubber bungs inside the boot when you open it. You pull one of them out (can't remember which side and there's a little plastic lever to pry it out. If you don't have the two rubber bungs, I guess it's different.
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/remove-third-brake-light.416436/

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.