Rattle

Drew1

Jan 14, 2018
Burton on trent
Hi everyone I no I’ve posted this before but it’s really doing my head in.
Right I have a rattle, when pulling of slowly in the Lower gears it also does it when I go in reverse from a stand still, basically I can go in first and in reverse from a stand still to cause the rattle,it also does it when cold and the engine revs higher, when the revs drops it stops,
I’ve changed engine mounts, but not the drivers side one, I really don’t no what to do.
Any help or advice would be great before I start ripping car apart, seat lean Cupra r 1p

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Is the exhaust centre mount near the dogbone ok?

My old cupra used to do that as 1 of the bolts had sheared off due to their being flex in the dogbone mount

A powerflex insert is a good shout if you have not already got one

mk2 leon cupra and a q3 sline stronic 177tdi quattro

Reactions: Sharpy

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
I’ll have a look over week end mate and let you no sorry for the late reply
Also check the heatshield on the downpipe as they can rattle aswell , when you do a cold start pop the bonnet and hold the downpipe heatshield and get a friend or family to rev it , be quick as it gets hot lol

Drew1

Jan 14, 2018
Burton on trent
Is the exhaust centre mount near the dogbone ok?

My old cupra used to do that as 1 of the bolts had sheared off due to their being flex in the dogbone mount

A powerflex insert is a good shout if you have not already got one

Do you mean the exhaust bracket that has 2 spikes coming of exhaust into 2 rubber bungs as I replaced that as I had split rubbers, or do you mean further up, thanks for your help by the way

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Do you mean the exhaust bracket that has 2 spikes coming of exhaust into 2 rubber bungs as I replaced that as I had split rubbers, or do you mean further up, thanks for your help by the way
Yeah thats the one mate

Also the dogbone is the middle engine/gearbox mount near to that bracket

I just fixed a rattle on mine , when the car is cold pop the bonnet then start the car and put your hand on the downpipe heatshield where it comes off the turbo, the welds on mine had gone and caused the heatshield to rattle

Drew1

Jan 14, 2018
Burton on trent
Yeah thats the one mate

Also the dogbone is the middle engine/gearbox mount near to that bracket

I just fixed a rattle on mine , when the car is cold pop the bonnet then start the car and put your hand on the downpipe heatshield where it comes off the turbo, the welds on mine had gone and caused the heatshield to rattle

Thanks mate, I’ve also noticed this morning, that the noise only happens when on the nite of the clutch go forward and going back and I aslo noticed abit if clutch slip the other day, I’m hoping it’s not the flywheel and clutch what do you think? I get no release bearing noise

Drew1

Jan 14, 2018
Burton on trent
Thanks mate, I’ve also noticed this morning, that the noise only happens when on the nite of the clutch go forward and going back and I aslo noticed abit if clutch slip the other day, I’m hoping it’s not the flywheel and clutch what do you think? I get no release bearing noise
Are the single or dual mass flywheels

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Without hearing it would be hard to say and i bet it would be hard to get it on camera?

Dual mass as standard if its slipping chances are its a standard set up

Drew1

Jan 14, 2018
Burton on trent
Without hearing it would be hard to say and i bet it would be hard to get it on camera?

Dual mass as standard if its slipping chances are its a standard set up

Thanks mate well I’ll let you no how I get on fri as it’s going on the ramps, I’ve still ordered a full performance clutch set up as I do believe some of the rattle might be coming from the fly wheel.thsnks again

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise