MK1 Leon Cupra 1.8t Turbo fitment

Jul 31, 2020
Hi all,

Would anyone have any advice on removal and fitment of a turbo on the AUQ engine? Thinking of doing it myself, have a little mechanical knowledge but haven't touched an engine in a few years. Also if anyone has a turbo for sell please let me know :)

Thank you in advance,
Callum

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
The turbo is self supporting. So it will probably be easier to get to from above by removing the exhaust manifold first. That way you can reach the downpipe etc from the engine bay and not have to crawl under the car. Start with the hard boost pipe on the back of the engine. there are 2 brackets, one at the top and one behind the the engine a bit further down. You might need to take the drivers side front wheel off the remove the jubilee if you want to fully remove it at the other end, but the brackets and removing the pipe at the top should give you enough wiggle room to reach the 3 turbo bolts. I'd spray the manifold bolts ahead of time. You'll have to do this much anyway. But I'd rather remove the manifold at this point and take it out the top, rather than remove the down pipe from the joining sleeve and fight it out the bottom. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Callumh95
Jul 31, 2020
The turbo is self supporting. So it will probably be easier to get to from above by removing the exhaust manifold first. That way you can reach the downpipe etc from the engine bay and not have to crawl under the car. Start with the hard boost pipe on the back of the engine. there are 2 brackets, one at the top and one behind the the engine a bit further down. You might need to take the drivers side front wheel off the remove the jubilee if you want to fully remove it at the other end, but the brackets and removing the pipe at the top should give you enough wiggle room to reach the 3 turbo bolts. I'd spray the manifold bolts ahead of time. You'll have to do this much anyway. But I'd rather remove the manifold at this point and take it out the top, rather than remove the down pipe from the joining sleeve and fight it out the bottom. Hope this helps.
Thanks, this will help alot

Sent from my SM-F907B using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise