Jumped ship.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Jumped ship again, this time into a facelift Cupra Ateca. After sitting in the new S3 and realising that I'm getting a bit older, and the back problems becoming more prevalent, I knew I had to have an SUV. Now I spec'd up a SQ2 and even a SQ5 but both were stupid money and I wanted to get away from paying the "Highway man" £40k tax.
So I plumped for the Seat (ahem Cupra) Ateca. First impressions are very good, interior quality was better than expected (IMO shows the new S3 up), drive, steering etc are great, oh and the seats are sublime. Once the weather gets better I'll post some better pics. (some of you will know me from ASN, you know who you are ;))
Cupra.jpg
Cupra.....jpg
Cupra....jpg
CUPRA...jpg
Cupra......jpg

pburv

Jan 18, 2015
Jumped ship again, this time into a facelift Cupra Ateca. After sitting in the new S3 and realising that I'm getting a bit older, and the back problems becoming more prevalent, I knew I had to have an SUV. Now I spec'd up a SQ2 and even a SQ5 but both were stupid money and I wanted to get away from paying the "Highway man" £40k tax.
So I plumped for the Seat (ahem Cupra) Ateca. First impressions are very good, interior quality was better than expected (IMO shows the new S3 up), drive, steering etc are great, oh and the seats are sublime. Once the weather gets better I'll post some better pics. (some of you will know me from ASN, you know who you are ;)) View attachment 19482 View attachment 19483 View attachment 19484 View attachment 19485 View attachment 19486
LOL Whoever could you mean?? (y) ;)(y)

Reactions: jcbmally

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Some slightly better pictures.

Attachments

• 3_LI.jpg
    3_LI.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 224
  • 4_LI.jpg
    4_LI.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 5_LI.jpg
    5_LI.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 228
  • 7_LI.jpg
    7_LI.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 8_LI.jpg
    8_LI.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 223
  • 9_LI.jpg
    9_LI.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 231
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 3_LI.jpg
    3_LI.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 217
Reactions: pburv

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Very smart mate. How you finding it?
Honsestly mate I really like it. At first I was just getting used to it being a diffrent car but the more I drive it etc the more it makes me grin. It sound like my old 8V 310ps and handles very well indeed. Even tried it off road and I couldn't stop laughing, when the wife asked why I was laughing I just reminded her it was a 300ps missle. :giggle: :giggle: :funk::funk:

Reactions: pinky1959 and pburv

pburv

Jan 18, 2015
Honsestly mate I really like it. At first I was just getting used to it being a diffrent car but the more I drive it etc the more it makes me grin. It sound like my old 8V 310ps and handles very well indeed. Even tried it off road and I couldn't stop laughing, when the wife asked why I was laughing I just reminded her it was a 300ps missle. :giggle: :giggle: :funk::funk:
Lol..It is bloody fast. The perfect all rounder in my book. Speed and practical.
Ok it's not exactly a track car but it's not as if you go on a track every day.
As for any 'naysayers' they are a bunch of :poop::poop:rds lol

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Lol..It is bloody fast. The perfect all rounder in my book. Speed and practical.
Ok it's not exactly a track car but it's not as if you go on a track every day.
As for any 'naysayers' they are a bunch of :poop::poop:rds lol
And when you think the equivalent Xm2 and not so equivalent SQ2 is a bit more expensive just for a standard one.:shrug:

pburv

Jan 18, 2015
And when you think the equivalent Xm2 and not so equivalent SQ2 is a bit more expensive just for a standard one.:shrug:
No brainer.
I don't know about you but until August this year I had no idea that the Cupra Ateca existed. I only came on it by chance when I went with my younger brother to our local Seat dealership to buy a Leon Cupra.. I really think they need to up their game on advertising. If it was better advertised you will see a lot more on the road.

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
No brainer.
I don't know about you but until August this year I had no idea that the Cupra Ateca existed. I only came on it by chance when I went with my younger brother to our local Seat dealership to buy a Leon Cupra.. I really think they need to up their game on advertising. If it was better advertised you will see a lot more on the road.
No, no, no mate, keep it rarer so people can keep thinking "WTF was that" when you leave them at the lights :thumbup::thumbup:

pburv

Jan 18, 2015
No, no, no mate, keep it rarer so people can keep thinking "WTF was that" when you leave them at the lights :thumbup::thumbup:
Exclusivity Yeah I can go with that... I've had quite a few people ask me what it is....Never happened with the S3 lol

pburv

Jan 18, 2015
Did you post pics of yours on ASN or on here ?
Never thought of putting them on here.. Stupid lol. When I get a moment I will post them. I posted a few pics on ASN posing up a slate quarry where I go most weekends. This is a link to the ASN post...

pburv

Jan 18, 2015
Never thought of putting them on here.. Stupid lol. When I get a moment I will post them. I posted a few pics on ASN posing up a slate quarry where I go most weekends. This is a link to the ASN post...
IMG20200905182349_LI.jpg

IMG20200905182404_LI.jpg
IMG20200905182139_LI.jpg

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021

pburv

Jan 18, 2015
A bit of thread necromancy here, but thanks to the encouragement of @pburv and @jcbmally I've alos jumped ship from and Audi S3 to a Cupra Ateca. Yet to be collected, but (again, thanks to @pburv) it's this one...

That's a bit alright isn't it :D
Great colour plus the upgraded wheels and brakes. I'm really jealous now lol
I'm sure you won't regret going from the S3 to the Cupra. I haven't(y)
let us know how you get on plus what your thoughts are on it.

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
A bit of thread necromancy here, but thanks to the encouragement of @pburv and @jcbmally I've alos jumped ship from and Audi S3 to a Cupra Ateca. Yet to be collected, but (again, thanks to @pburv) it's this one...

Obviously the best colour too, simply lovely. You on commission @pburv :cool:(y)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.