First SEAT, first ESTATE, first POST

carl^

Feb 16, 2021
Hello Everyone!

I've apparently just bought a "LEON CUPRA 300 TSI 4DRIVE S-A", first SEAT, first ESTATE, second OWNER.

Couple of quick start questions I've yet to answer, but will start digging after this post:

It's a 69 plate, registered January 2020, 5 door, definitely an estate.

1. Is that an ST? Is there any difference between an ST and Estate?

2. I've seen some accessory selectors say 2013-2020 and 2020-onward, not sure where this would sit. Definitely looks like a MK4 but not sure that really helps.

3. Is the R and ABT the same thing? I'm pretty sure mine is neither but still interested?

4. Anyone done an aftermarket ABT tune for the extra 50hp? Better alternatives? Worth it?

Looking to get a winter set of wheels:

5a. Thinking of keeping the 19" alloys (came with contis) for summer and going with 18" alloys for winters as makes tyres cheaper, any concerns/gotchas when swapping between?

5b. Any recommendations for mid-market winter tyres and sizes? Looking at 225/40R18 Avon WV7

5c. Is the TPMS based on valve sensors or rotation/ABS?

Exciting times, feedback appreciated :)

carl^

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Welcome and congrats!

Answers to what I can below

1. ST is the estate, it's branding, stands for Sports Tourer

2. It is the SEAT Leon MK3 facelift (mid life)

3.Yours isn't either, the R is the "racing" usually end of life run out models with more bling and sometimes more power.

4. Plenty of tuning options, check out the MK3 Leon forum for ideas and opinions.

5. someone will be able to advise better than me :)

Cheers :)

Scott

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Welcome mate! Get stuck into the forums, you will get your answers. I don’t have a cupra (I’m not that lucky!) but check what size callipers you have as the cupras have a couple of different size. If it clears your callipers then should be no issues. I’m sure there’s a few guys running 18s on here as winter wheels/tyres

carl^

Feb 16, 2021
Good call/question thank you! Is it the inner circumference of the alloy which may not clear the calliper preventing it going "around" OR the depth of the alloy which might cause the caliper to foul the inside face of the alloy and prevent it tightening down? :think:

Reactions: Jay5959

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Good call/question thank you! Is it the inner circumference of the alloy which may not clear the calliper preventing it going "around" OR the depth of the alloy which might cause the caliper to foul the inside face of the alloy and prevent it tightening down? :think:
Could be a bit of both, unless it’s the crazy big callipers fitted to some cupras (I don’t know the trim/model that they’re fitted too sorry) I’d imagine you won’t have much issue with them fitting in the circumference. If they don’t fit because of the inside of spokes (this will likely be more of an issue on aftermarket) there’s always spacers. But tbh I’m just regurgitating bits of posts/info I’ve seen on the forums 😂. There’s absolutely tons of info in the forums, you could start a post in the forums with all of your questions and they will be answered by someone who has done exactly the same mod! Also use willtheyfit.com it’s great to give you an idea if you’ll get any rubbing in arches and mph difference etc. I used it going from 17s to 18s

Reactions: carl^

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Knew I’d seen a post asking this

Sarah

Jan 18, 2021
Welcome to the site. I'm newish here too and have recently bought a January 2020 registered ST. Which colour did you go for?

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
I recently sold a nearly new C43 385 bhp estate due to lack of use, that was more of a beast and sounded great
The Cupra is quick for what it costs though and is quite discreet, which I like
You’ve got a great taste in cars!

jt20vt

Sep 17, 2010
As jay5959 got the link up regards winter wheels you can fit 17s and 18s. I currently run 17s that clear the brakes on my cupra st 4 drive. Regards q5c. It's rotation abs sensor.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members