Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Here we have the one many of you have been waiting for, the successor to the previous hugely popular Mk3 SEAT Leon CUPRA.

We have driven and reviewed the CUPRA Leon 245PS eHybrid and look forward to getting our hands on the petrol version to compare. We’re optimistic the handling and performance will be at least on par with, if not better than its predecessor. We’re talking about the MK3 CUPRA Leon 300 here, as the release below says the new one is more powerful, that’s of course a bit of a technicality as latter models had to be detuned to comply with regulations.

View the article

Last edited:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Yeah, I didn't even pay close to that for my limited edition, so its a no from me. At the moment its keep this or move on to a car where I no longer need to use my indicators apparently...

Reactions: C_ED_99

cybman

Apr 21, 2014
Yeah, I didn't even pay close to that for my limited edition, so its a no from me. At the moment its keep this or move on to a car where I no longer need to use my indicators apparently...
ok, give an alternative for a brand new car....

Reactions: Mike the_cupra

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
Well, it might seem expensive but I've specced a Golf GTI (245) over £40k and that's where the Golf R starts nowadays. They'll give you 2.5k deposit contribution (probably), so it still fits quite well in the market.

Jon89

Sep 27, 2020
Kent
Hang on, so if I want heated seats I've got to have those aerodynamic wheels!? Personally that just seems crazy, it really puts me off and I'm sure it will a lot of people as well. They even show the wheels I would want as an illustration a few times on the Leon page on their UK website which makes it even more annoying.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I'm just checking on the side skirts - they are shown on the picture we were given but not on the configurator or mentioned in the text. There are also no CUPRA or start buttons on the wheel. :(
4 exhausts the rear though, first time I've seen the rear of the none hybrid 5 door.

cybman

Apr 21, 2014
I'm just checking on the side skirts - they are shown on the picture we were given but not on the configurator or mentioned in the text. There are also no CUPRA or start buttons on the wheel. :(

Indeed bet they aren't all real though at this rate :)
the wheel with start and cupra buttons is an option
is available on german configurator

Jon89

Sep 27, 2020
Kent
the wheel with start and cupra buttons is an option
is available on german configurator

Not in the UK though unfortunately. I really don't like the idea of these VZ2 and VZ3 trim levels. If I'm paying £37k for a Leon, I want to be able to spec it how I want.

Reactions: nc30rider

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
5.7secs to 60 ?? Is that the old manual figure. I would have though it would be in the 5.0sec mark.
Trim levels gone the Ateca route so top spec to get all the kit you need. Based on price it looks like Cupra are really pushing the “premium brand” statement.

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
5.7secs to 60 ?? Is that the old manual figure. I would have though it would be in the 5.0sec mark.
Trim levels gone the Ateca route so top spec to get all the kit you need. Based on price it looks like Cupra are really pushing the “premium brand” statement.
On par with the Golf 7.5 GTI TCR and the 8 GTI Clubsport. Was never going to be faster

Reactions: jcbmally

cybman

Apr 21, 2014
5 seconds in a FWD? impossible :)

Reactions: jcbmally

Matt

Apr 27, 2016
Anyone know if it has the Brembo brake calipers on it with 370mm discs? Or what tyres are on it.
Thanks