Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
“The CUPRA Formentor VZ5 delivering 390 HP is a car that you have to feel when you drive it.” Jordi Gené

CUPRA development driver Jordi Gené was closely involved in the set-up of this exclusive model, of which there will only be 7,000 units. A car born on the racetrack to transmit each sensation to the driver, with attention to every last detail. Even its CUP Bucket seats are inspired by the world of racing. This is how they were developed.

Carbon fibre sensations. Inspired by the racetrack, the new CUP Bucket seats designed exclusively for the Formentor VZ5 conform to race car aesthetics. “The seat is the driver’s first contact with the car; it’s responsible for transmitting the sensations of the road and with these CUP Buckets the emotions are fully conveyed” says CUPRA’s CTO Marta Almuni. The centre bezels that crown the backrest and the carbon fibre rear side are some of the details that give these seats a clearly sporty style...

Continue reading...

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Maybe if they paid more attention to the infotainment than what their backsides are sitting on they might of made a better car

clowns

Last edited:
Reactions: Filipp
May 2, 2021
Maybe they should then.
Or at least develop it somewhat.
Be honest, it’s not the greatest is it?
It’s not the worst but it’s nowhere near I-drive or even the Merc system.
I would go as far as saying it’s probably trying to be too clever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigJase88

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Maybe they should then.
Or at least develop it somewhat.
Be honest, it’s not the greatest is it?
It’s not the worst but it’s nowhere near I-drive or even the Merc system.
I would go as far as saying it’s probably trying to be too clever.

I really don't mind it. I find the three part screen an interesting solution. My main problem is slow startup.

Disclaimer: I don't have any issues with my car infotainment so my feelings are more positive than those with issues. Also I don't have experience with Mercedes or BMW systems.

Reactions: Napmasterflash
May 2, 2021
I guess most of the issues people have are through “user error” or not reading the manual properly (I’d never do that, cough) lol.
I like “intuitive” which is why I’ll never have another android phone. Pick up an iPhone and it just works. Bmw I-drive is very good but even the latest version is a bit complicated. The fact that you can fiddle with your knob (Oowww eerrr Mrs) and not really worry about too much about looking at the screen is what makes it.
I’ve just realised why our cars have such aggressive lane assist now eh?
Stops you crashing while fiddling with the screen

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Let's just hope those seats are uncomfortable then if we're not getting any! 😁
As a consolation prize, Cupra will be offering the UK a budget version bucket seat:
c57c36a8c23a76d9f7ef92a3dc88fb3d.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.