Standard stereo

manracer

Mar 15, 2021
Any new VAG car will have the same annoying systems. Other brands probably too. Paintwork is similar on most cars and scratches from looking at it. Even on premium and more expensive cars.
Many sweeping statements here, some I disagree with.

CupraD11

Apr 19, 2021
Some very mixed reviews about the speaker system in these cars. I've just put in an order for mine, will be the obligatory 3/4 months before it arrives, but I will definitely be looking to make some audio upgrades as I wasn't impressed with '6 speaker' sound on the test drive. Working in music means sometimes listening to mixes in the car so I'll need to do some speaker upgrades and maybe I'll pop a little sub in the boot as there's plenty space. Has anyone sprung for any aftermarket sound upgrades?

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
I had 3 cars in a row with Bose and 2 with Harman Kardon at the same time. After testing my favourite music in Formentor, I decided I won't be listening to some of it, because I can't make it sound good. So going to stick to some standard tunes, just to kill silence from time to time.

I don't think, I would pay extra for Beats if it was available in UK. I don't know their quality, never had any product.
i agree not a patch on the harmon kardon i had in beemer either....ok for the radio.

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
If in the UK Beats isn’t available. From what I’ve read it’s not that good a system.

Im sure there will be an after market upgrade to the Sound System available later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not true,it's now an option.

I haven't bothered with tho,the standard system is very good i.m.o

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
I've long since stopped bothering to look for quality audio in a car; the environment is just too compromised and all the souped up amplification, multi-speakering and sub-woofing in the world isn't going to change that.

I agree, plus I am normally in the car with my little one in the back these days so wouldn't want to blow his head off :LOL: I am coming from a 1 series with upgraded Harmon Kardon... I know it won't be as good and I am fine with that.

Reactions: ninja_geezer

Mortey

Jun 2, 2021
I've long since stopped bothering to look for quality audio in a car; the environment is just too compromised and all the souped up amplification, multi-speakering and sub-woofing in the world isn't going to change that.
This. It's also strange the selections they make for car stereos, who buys Bose or Beats if they want to listen to music as it was intended?

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
This. It's also strange the selections they make for car stereos, who buys Bose or Beats if they want to listen to music as it was intended?
Bose is actually pretty poor in certain brands. My friend has an MX5 and the sound system is terrible!

Reactions: Baldiesimo

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Not true,it's now an option.

I haven't bothered with tho,the standard system is very good i.m.o

Thanks for pointing that out.

You do realise the post was put up 5 months ago when Beats wasn’t an option.

As none of us are mind readers it always had the potential to be wrong in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MrMinch

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Burmester, Bowers & Wilkins and Bang and Olufsen would probably be the better standard systems?
Amen to that. Got B&O 15 speaker 680watts in the new A3. It sounded terrible during the bedding in but now after 25-30 hrs of use, very good indeed. Way better than Seat Sound in Ibiza (8 speaker plus 1 sub) and marginally better than Volvo V40 4x45watt 8speaker system, no sub.
I still believe that HK in current gen Mini and BMW 3 series are still slightly better than B&O in A3

Jul 27, 2021
It's fine. I've come from a Harmon Kardon and it's not as good as that 16 speaker system in my BMW......but as has been said above you can make it sound decent enough by tweaking the Graphic equaliser.

Reactions: MrBiggles87

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
It's fine. I've come from a Harmon Kardon and it's not as good as that 16 speaker system in my BMW......but as has been said above you can make it sound decent enough by tweaking the Graphic equaliser.
Do you have a decent setup that you can provide in here?

Firaxis

Dec 24, 2018
I had the VZ3 Leon and I thought the stereo was excellent, far better than the HK in my previous 1 series. I suppose it depends how you're streaming, my Stinger has a big speaker setup and sounds excellent when using DAB or direct play (usb) from phone, although if you bluetooth / stream from the internet it can sound absolutely dire due to the format (compression / codecs etc.).

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
I had the VZ3 Leon and I thought the stereo was excellent, far better than the HK in my previous 1 series. I suppose it depends how you're streaming, my Stinger has a big speaker setup and sounds excellent when using DAB or direct play (usb) from phone, although if you bluetooth / stream from the internet it can sound absolutely dire due to the format (compression / codecs etc.).
Which 1 series did you have? I have a 18' Shadow Edition and the HK is really good! I only ever stream via Bluetooth and its always been crystal clear with great bass response. I bought the Formentor for the performance, not the sound system so either way i'll be happy.

Firaxis

Dec 24, 2018
Which 1 series did you have? I have a 18' Shadow Edition and the HK is really good! I only ever stream via Bluetooth and its always been crystal clear with great bass response. I bought the Formentor for the performance, not the sound system so either way i'll be happy.

M140i shadow edition.