Cupra Connect App. [Android 12]

SeatMadSnapper

Jun 21, 2017
UK
Hello All.

I am trying to investigate an issue with the Cupra Connect App. running on Android, more specifically my Google Pixel 4a 5G running Android 12. The app constantly logs out after a short period of time. This is in affect renders the app pointless, i.e. I miss any alerts from my car etc. Before I report the app to the developer via the Google Play store I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Issues:

1. I have to log into the app using my registered email address every time I use it.
  2. App logs-out and requires email login and bio-metric input.
  3. This issue has only been present since the update to Android 12.

Thanks!

.Griff.

Jun 26, 2021
It is, and has for a while, also affecting me on Android 11 (Samsung S20+).

For example, I opened the app yesterday at which point I had to sign in (again). I've just read your post, opened the app and sure enough it's prompting me to sign in again less than 24 hours after I used the app last.

To be honest I find the Cupra Connect and Cupra Portal ecosystem a waste of time and barely fit for purpose.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I think, it happened after latest update. The same is on Android 10. Probably some security setting, which makes app useless. Other people complained about it too.

Reactions: SeatMadSnapper

SeatMadSnapper

Jun 21, 2017
UK
It is, and has for a while, also affecting me on Android 11 (Samsung S20+).

For example, I opened the app yesterday at which point I had to sign in (again). I've just read your post, opened the app and sure enough it's prompting me to sign in again less than 24 hours after I used the app last.

To be honest I find the Cupra Connect and Cupra Portal ecosystem a waste of time and barely fit for purpose.
Ah, now. This is good to know it's not just me. -- I am with you on this portal/app being a waste of time. Glad it's free at the moment. Based on my experience I wouldn't pay for the flaky up-time and operating speed. :(

SeatMadSnapper

Jun 21, 2017
UK
I think, it happened after latest update. The same is on Android 10. Probably some security setting, which makes app useless. Other people complained about it too.
Actually, I have made some progress. I uninstalled and installed again and for now it is remaining logged in -- I will update tomorrow, if it's still logging me out I will send Dev. feedback. (y)

SeatMadSnapper

Jun 21, 2017
UK
So it appears that an uninstall, a device reboot and re-install has fixed this issue. Which is a bit pants as I have tried uninstalling prior to posting.

I can recommend:
  1. Uninstalling
  2. Device reboot
  3. Install
  4. Setup and login

Should do the trick. -- will update again if this doesn't stick.

SeatMadSnapper

Jun 21, 2017
UK
I am still seeing login/logout issues -- and unreachable! Car sometimes reverts to previous user settings too. So must be a connection issue with the car and app.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.