• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Sep 23, 2026
14
4
Morning,

First time poster after some help and advice....not new to Cupra as i had a Formentor a few years back.

Picked up a brand new Raval V1 last Friday, and while the car itself drives and works brilliantly, I've hit a brick wall getting the My Cupra app connected.

I can add myself as a local user just fine, but the system refuses to let me set up a primary user. Initially, the app was spitting out a 'VIN not available' error. Cupra support told me the dealership missed a step on their end. The lease company has been chasing, but I'm currently stuck in the classic loop of Cupra support, the lease company, and the dealer all pointing fingers at each other without a resolution.

To top it off, after sending Cupra some requested photos today—including a shot of the SOS light flashing red—they've now told me I need to take the car straight into a dealership.

Before I lose my mind, has anyone here been through this with a new delivery? I'm heavily suspecting the car's internal data connection isn't even activated yet, which would explain why nothing is syncing. Does anyone know the exact handover/activation process the dealer is supposed to follow on their end?
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Syphon
Morning,

First time poster after some help and advice....not new to Cupra as i had a Formentor a few years back.

Picked up a brand new Raval V1 last Friday, and while the car itself drives and works brilliantly, I've hit a brick wall getting the My Cupra app connected.

I can add myself as a local user just fine, but the system refuses to let me set up a primary user. Initially, the app was spitting out a 'VIN not available' error. Cupra support told me the dealership missed a step on their end. The lease company has been chasing, but I'm currently stuck in the classic loop of Cupra support, the lease company, and the dealer all pointing fingers at each other without a resolution.

To top it off, after sending Cupra some requested photos today—including a shot of the SOS light flashing red—they've now told me I need to take the car straight into a dealership.

Before I lose my mind, has anyone here been through this with a new delivery? I'm heavily suspecting the car's internal data connection isn't even activated yet, which would explain why nothing is syncing. Does anyone know the exact handover/activation process the dealer is supposed to follow on their end?

Common issue, I had it on a facelfit Born VZ I had for a week a few months back. Easiest way to resolve is to delete and reinstall Cupra app on your phone and do a factory reset. That advice came from a Cupra HQ tech who rang me to resolve my Born issue. The Raval is having quite a few updates pushed out and any one of these can cause system to freeze or hang or throw up errors. Last week during an update I had warnings for every system going, turned off waited half an hour for the update to complete and all was fine.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tell and Syphon
Common issue, I had it on a facelfit Born VZ I had for a week a few months back. Easiest way to resolve is to delete and reinstall Cupra app on your phone and do a factory reset. That advice came from a Cupra HQ tech who rang me to resolve my Born issue. The Raval is having quite a few updates pushed out and any one of these can cause system to freeze or hang or throw up errors. Last week during an update I had warnings for every system going, turned off waited half an hour for the update to complete and all was fine.
Thanks for the response.

I have indeed done all that. Can't add a primary user, red light on SOS and assuming there is no connectivity to the vehicle. Todays response is take it back to a dealer...just over a week old and fed up already.

Lovely car otherwise though!!
 
Thanks for the response.

I have indeed done all that. Can't add a primary user, red light on SOS and assuming there is no connectivity to the vehicle. Todays response is take it back to a dealer...just over a week old and fed up already.

Lovely car otherwise though!!

Oh dear, can you connect the car to your wi-fi and see if that works? Certainly a software issue and may well mean it needs a dealer to reinstall as if the SOS has a red light usually means lack of connectivity. Again, I had a press car Raval for a week, last week of August and trying to add a user bricked the car had the red SOS but thankfully came back to life after half an hour. But us being early adopters means we get all the software and firmware issues...
 
  • Like
Reactions: g1za
Oh dear, can you connect the car to your wi-fi and see if that works? Certainly a software issue and may well mean it needs a dealer to reinstall as if the SOS has a red light usually means lack of connectivity. Again, I had a press car Raval for a week, last week of August and trying to add a user bricked the car had the red SOS but thankfully came back to life after half an hour. But us being early adopters means we get all the software and firmware issues...
Wouldn't know where to do that, is it even possible to connect using a mobile data connection or home Wi-Fi?

Haven't even had the QR code initial setup because I presume the delivery driver clicked past it if it did even work.

It's got to be a connectivity issue.
 
Did you collect the car from a dealer or was it delivered to you via your lease company?
 
  • Like
Reactions: g1za
There's been no dealer handover, hence this situation.

Part of the handover process is to pair your connect account with the vehicle with you in person, if there was no handover then that explains why it wasn't connected.

Was the SOS light on red from the word go?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tell and Syphon
Makes sense, Ive had the lease company onto the dealer to register the VIN etc but by the sound of it they haven't got a clue or can't access the Cupra system to do so. All I know is that it was supplied by Caffyns CUPRA Tunbridge Wells, which surely they know what their doing?

I think it has been flashing red from delivery.
 
They need the vehicle present to do anything, dealers can't do anything important remotely.

If the light was red from the word go then the vehicle shouldn't have been released for delivery.

Unfortunately it sounds like they need to have it back to resolve the issue.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tell
It sounds like the transport mode deactivation hasn't been successful. It's something the dealer that PDI'd the vehicle should have done then checked.
It might be worth a call to customer care because any dealer willing to take the job on will be completing the work the original dealer might not have completed fully and won't be able to claim that repair under warranty.

Customer care could help with resolving that issue and get you help sooner and closer to home.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tell and jezyg
Wouldn't know where to do that, is it even possible to connect using a mobile data connection or home Wi-Fi?

Haven't even had the QR code initial setup because I presume the delivery driver clicked past it if it did even work.

It's got to be a connectivity issue.

Wi-fi is in settings via car main screen. Comes under connectivity if you are in range OF WI-FI. Yes you can hot-spot too with it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tell and g1za
Morning all,

Today's update.....
Customer Care of SEAT have confirmed handover on the system is complete
Called local dealer to book in to look at the SOS issue, they can't get me in till the end of October and also advised we shouldn't have sent the Raval with an SOS issue. I shouldn't have accepted it either...how am i meant to be aware of all this...as i've only found out about the issues the more i've asked questions.

They suggested that the lease company get it sorted and have provided a vehicle with issues. I agree, but they keep refering everything back to the Dealership.

FFS
 
Haven't heard anything other than a thanks for your message email today form the lease company, so trying to force the issue and threatened with cancelling being as in still in the 14 day window.

Really fed up now
 
Haven't heard anything other than a thanks for your message email today form the lease company, so trying to force the issue and threatened with cancelling being as in still in the 14 day window.

Really fed up now
Hey g1za!
Glad I found your post in here. We have a new Cupra Raval from a leading company dropped at a Cupra store.
We have exactly the same problem that you have. I have made many phone calls and all the support guys seem to be stupid. The car company called the shipping company and they forgot to enter the shipping date. Nonetheless it didn’t help me out. They now told to me to get to a local Cupra store as the Raval simply isn’t online. The SOS is flashing and it is not possible to create an online profile. I have the same mistake with the VIN in the app. Next Friday on the 7th I have a date at the local Cupra support. I hope they can help me out. I’ll keep you updated mate :)
 
Hey g1za!
Glad I found your post in here. We have a new Cupra Raval from a leading company dropped at a Cupra store.
We have exactly the same problem that you have. I have made many phone calls and all the support guys seem to be stupid. The car company called the shipping company and they forgot to enter the shipping date. Nonetheless it didn’t help me out. They now told to me to get to a local Cupra store as the Raval simply isn’t online. The SOS is flashing and it is not possible to create an online profile. I have the same mistake with the VIN in the app. Next Friday on the 7th I have a date at the local Cupra support. I hope they can help me out. I’ll keep you updated mate :)
Sounds very similar and glad you're hopefully getting it sorted. My local dealer couldn't get me in till November. The lease company told me i could get in on the 15th at another dealer 30 mins away. Call them up first thing in the morning and they couldn't do it till the 22nd October. So i'm booked in for then.

Seat support just kept telling me that the dealer hadn't put it in the system, which they were saying they have. I really think it's a comms issue where the car isn't communicating to their servers hence the SOS issue. A couple of times today, the car somehow got into an icognito mode and i got a few error warnings up on the dashboard. It clears when logging in as a local user.

We'll see what happens eh! What's frustrating is it took them weeks to admit there is an issue and find out myself from here and elsewhere what the issue seems to be. The garage i'm booked into kind of knew straight away, they need the day and might be overnight if they need parts. How have they allowed it to get past quality control i don't know.