• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

lukenfoci

Active Member
Aug 17, 2026
14
10
I finally did my post purchase inspection, and found strange plastic bags in engine bay, both sides of the car. Is it a "feature", if so what are they supposed to do, and if they are not supposed to be there, what should I do about them? To me it looks like someone was in rush and did not remove plastic bag from the element before attaching it to the car ;).


pix001.png


pix002.png
 
Tiguan
 

Attachments

  • 20260914_115651.jpg
    20260914_115651.jpg
    585.7 KB · Views: 44
ID.4
 

Attachments

  • 20260914_115713.jpg
    20260914_115713.jpg
    527.1 KB · Views: 40
It'll have them somewhere, usually concealed behind a body panel. I wouldn't let it bother you buddy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lukenfoci
They're a noise dampener and Installed on all VWG vehicles in various places.

Yes; in the 2016 VW Polo GTI I owned, if you lifted the bonnet you could see one each side of the car tucked in the space between the inner and outer wings near the headlamp units.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lukenfoci