SC16v's MK5 Sport SC **Index Pg1** Now Sold

IbizaRocks7

Cheers guys, dead chuffed with the grille, definatly the best mod for the car. just got back from a weeks holiday in Scotland, I'll post the pictures of the Ibiza with a kayak on the roof tomorrow; looks like an advert haha.
SC16v- keep us updated with the lights mate, it's definatly the next thing i want to do :)

steveocole

They are prism White led bulbs fom halfords, unfortunately they do bring an error on the dash but if you can live with it then they work perfecty

Why do they bring up án error code|? did you change them with the ignition on? and is if you replace them with the originals does the error code disappear?

cheers

steve

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
I believe they bring up an error as they are not official Seat bulbs or officially recognised. I changed them with the ignition off. If I put the old ones back in the fault clears so it's all good.

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
I think its actually because LEDs don't draw as much power as standard bulbs and the ECU then thinks the sidelights have blown and are not working. Hence the light on the dash.

Cheers mate

No real update yet, still figuring out what to do next, I did get a shot of my MPG gauge reading over 50!

ef1223dc.jpg

IbizaRocks7

My average mpg got to 51.6 the other day after being stuck behind an old man with nowhere to overtake for about 20 minutes, of course it dropped right back down again once i found a place to get past. Shame you cant drive fast and have a high mpg eh? I dont mind paying a bit more for petrol for the good drive though :)

Quick question: My Ibiza flashed up with SERVICE when i started the ignition today, now i thought that when you turned the key it told you how many miles until it needed a service and I'm sure before it started flashing at me it was atleast 4000 miles away from one but now i cant seem to find the 'countdown' if you know what i mean? any help? :confused:

Oh and i cant seem to get the pics of the Ibiza with added kayak online, will keep trying..

IbizaRocks7

Bought some bulbs today from Halfords to replace my side lights, they give off white light but dont seem to bring up any warning signs on the dash. Now I just have to wait for it to get dark so I can see how they look.

hodson

Mar 15, 2010
Staffordshire
Bought some bulbs today from Halfords to replace my side lights, they give off white light but dont seem to bring up any warning signs on the dash. Now I just have to wait for it to get dark so I can see how they look.

I went into Halfords the other day and they said they wouldnt fit the Mk 5 :confused:
I think i must of got some retard or something!

Which ones did you buy and have you got some pictures of them?

Cheers

IbizaRocks7

They are blue coloured 501 bulbs, the code at the top of the pack is BU501P if that means anything. The make is Ultra Power Bulbs, about 5 quid for a pack of two from Halfords. They aren't very bright, pretty disapointing really but ok at night, I'll keep looking for some decent ones. Also after reading an article online I'm not entirely sure they're road legal because apparently they give off more glare than normal and not as much light :S not sure wether to keep them in now...

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Impressive car mate, love it. I'm not far from you will keep an eye out, we pop to Letchworth every so often.

What product did you use with the polisher? I've been after a polisher for ages, but wasn'tsure on the Halfrauds one... looks like you got damn good results.

Mike

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Ahhh coool. Nice one, I usually end up washing/polishing all of our cars on the same day, get biceps & shoulders like Arnie, but also THE PAIN!!!

Think a Xmas pressie from halfrauds in order... lol

Mike