SC16v's MK5 Sport SC **Index Pg1** Now Sold

LairyT

Claire
Jul 15, 2010
Lincolnshire
Yes, it's 'Lunar Grey' - basically silver.
Your wheels are exactly the same as mine, and it looks like you have the low-profile tyres as well like me.
Thinking of getting it lowered now first, as it looks too high up compared to the 'sporty' look of the rest of it. Anyone know how this affects warranty as that is always my concern given that it's only 3 months old?

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Yes, it's 'Lunar Grey' - basically silver.
Your wheels are exactly the same as mine, and it looks like you have the low-profile tyres as well like me.
Thinking of getting it lowered now first, as it looks too high up compared to the 'sporty' look of the rest of it. Anyone know how this affects warranty as that is always my concern given that it's only 3 months old?

2 Options with lowering :

1. Either get the Seat lowering kit and keep all of your warranty but it will cost over £400 (fitted) and only lower the car 20mm if I remember correctky.

2. Get an aftermarket lowering kit (springs and shocks) aftermarket springs or coilovers, these will cost less (Springs = Around £110, Lowering kit = Around £250.00, Coilovers = Around £500) but you will lose warranty on the suspension components and any other parts that works with them (or so I was told).

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Yeah thats right :)

i'm gonna get mine lowered at some point, probably after xmas by my boyfriends brother. he said he can come me some springs etc. need to get this grille done first though :(

yaniva

hi all,
found this site when searching for parts/mods for my Ibiza SC (also in black)

got great ideas from your mods,

the back spoiler is very nice, will get one for mine too.

also the FR grille is great. need to check is i can find one here.

also thinking on the aero kit (original from seat), but had a bit of thoughts on the rear bumper.
seat.com/com/generator/su/com/newIbiza08SC/site/accessories/sport/main.html[/url]

the rear bumper have these things on the sides, how would it looks on a black car if these side things are already black?
i was thinking it wouldn't be noticeable at all.

any thoughts on this issue?

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Hi, welcome to the site!

Have a look at the Ibiza black edition that has the bodykit on it :)

UPDATE :

Got the quote from the Stealers for the repair and I'm pretty shocked...........£363!!!! Oh well

Last edited:

Hrvach

Oct 9, 2010
Hi!

I was reading your posts and i noticed u all fitted original Fr front grills.

I wanted to ask if u know where can i find that ibiza jk design front grill...
I can't post urls or pics yet so sorry for adittional work.

Thanks...

-SlicK

No smoke, No poke
Nov 23, 2008
Beith, Scotland
They are taking the piss with that tbh.

Find a decent local bodyshop, they should be able to repair it for about a third of that price.

Is the bumper really that bad? If so I have one in red and you could probably get it painted for around £80 (around my area anyway)

EDIT: Looked at the pics of the damage, id be running very far away from that garage. That is a joke.

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
They are taking the piss with that tbh.

Find a decent local bodyshop, they should be able to repair it for about a third of that price.

Is the bumper really that bad? If so I have one in red and you could probably get it painted for around £80 (around my area anyway)

EDIT: Looked at the pics of the damage, id be running very far away from that garage. That is a joke.

I know mate, it's the company my local Stealers use for their body work

char_baby

Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
That price is ridiculous! you could get the other sporty version for that pretty much.

By the way Slick...love your banner in your sig! Car looks awesome.
Edit: Just realised its not even a boc. I love the black mouth you've done!

yaniva

Hi, welcome to the site!

Have a look at the Ibiza black edition that has the bodykit on it :)

UPDATE :

Got the quote from the Stealers for the back bumper and I'm pretty shocked...........£363!!!! Won't be getting it repaired at the mo :(

nice one, thanks for the info.
the black edition looks nice, dont like the front bumper and grille.
the original front bumper and the FR grille would look way better.
maybe I'll do the back and side skirts and top spoiler. got the sport exhaust already

thanks again :)

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
As Char said it's for the grille, every MK5 should have come with this grille (bar the Cupra/Boc of course!)

Update :

Needed to do a little modifying so went out and bought some Silvertec indicator bulbs, gone from this :

2.jpg

to this :

4.jpg

7.jpg

100x better than it was, really happy with it :)

Last edited:

char_baby

Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
I need to get my badgless done this weekend, after getting the sealant sorted last week (and sitting there with my hands on it for 15 mins to stick lol) just waiting for the trim tool which techie is kindly sending to me.

Think i'll get it lowered after xmas then and spoiler sorted.

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Thanks to Andyf (thanks again mate!) I've got a picture of my car with Gloss Black wheels on it and................I'm in love again!!

wheel_gloss_black.jpg

Just need to find a decent place to have them sprayed...oh and a spare set of wheels!

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.