SC16v's MK5 Sport SC **Index Pg1** Now Sold

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
Already posted it up mate ;) was thinking maybe a new front grille without the S badge and black instead of chrome.

If I came into a bit of money I'd see if it's possible to put a Cupra R engine and 6 speed manual box in it ;)

you could do the badge yourself, or even carbon wrap it - this seems to be quite polular at the minute :) haha that would be something special!

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
This is the one without a badge

42_0.jpg

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
You can get a badgeless on ebay for much cheaper than £80. I ordered mine last week and should be here today or the next following.

Again its from germany like the one above but it comes in a primer so you'd have to get the paint job sorted.

Heres the link to the badgless one im getting. Paid £49.99 including p&p. obviously converted from euros.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Seat-IBIZA-6J-20...7425?pt=Autoteile_Zubehör&hash=item483bf79841

char_baby

Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
ooh yeah thats true as you have a black car lol.
Mine arrived today, its at my parents so gonna drive over there after work and get it. then see about getting it painted, probably at the dealers i expect hoping it wont cost a stupid amount.
Then you just need the black wheels!

LairyT

Claire
Jul 15, 2010
Lincolnshire
SC16v - I recommend the black wheels - that's what I have.

With regards the grille, it that from Seat? Do you know the part number or would I just ask for a 'badgeless grille'? I like the look of it a lot! Do you get the black to replace the chrome as well?

Any ideas whether side skirts would look ok without the front and rear sports bumpers as I can no way afford them as well?

Si_TDi_FR

Oct 6, 2009
Northallerton
Nice car bud, it's just a shame the 1.4 engines in these are so gutless for a sport. I had a candy white once with the 17" alloys and glass sunroof as a courtesy car and averaged about 35mpg lol

char_baby

Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
the badgeless grille isn't seat. Its just other companies that make them, like JE Design or that one that SC16 has shown. the link for that is

http://seat-factory.de/xtcommerce/i....html&XTCsid=9f1970c4135702529b1ab3f9bba08e95

its a pretty good website actually, i wanna get the door sills.

And yeah i think it should look fine without the bumpers. I plan on getting them after my spoiler is finally done. Dont like seeing the under carriage.

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
SC16v - I recommend the black wheels - that's what I have.

With regards the grille, it that from Seat? Do you know the part number or would I just ask for a 'badgeless grille'? I like the look of it a lot! Do you get the black to replace the chrome as well?

Any ideas whether side skirts would look ok without the front and rear sports bumpers as I can no way afford them as well?

Are they gloss black?

As Char said it's from a foreign website called Seat Factory, the chrome is replaced with black.

Nice car bud, it's just a shame the 1.4 engines in these are so gutless for a sport. I had a candy white once with the 17" alloys and glass sunroof as a courtesy car and averaged about 35mpg lol

Yeah it's not the most powerful but will do til I can afford another new car. Yeah I don't see much more than that usually!!

LairyT

Claire
Jul 15, 2010
Lincolnshire
Yep, they are gloss black. I think they are really good and give the car that something extra to make it a little different from the rest, and since they were already on the car in the showroom I was happy!

Got a long drive on Sat, but then on Sunday, weather permitting, going to give the car a thorough clean and then will pop some pics on here of spoiler and wheels etc, then you can have a look if you want.

char_baby

Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
i've got a pic of my wheel here if you wanna see. after it was freshley washed and polished!

im glad i got the black ones as Seat dont do them anymore.

Photo0021.jpg