Can't find the clutch switch - Dealer says its not near the pedal?

antipesto93

Aug 30, 2014
So my Cruise controll has not worked for a while and I finally got access to VCDS, which told me it was a faulty clutch switch.

I look under/above the clutch pedal, cannot see anything.
I called the dealer about the part and they said they cannot find it on their "diagram" and it must be on the gearbox somewhere?

It is a 1.4 TSI 2009 (pre-fl) MK2.

If anyone has any experience or knows where it is, that would be a great help :)

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
The clutch position sender switch (hall sensor) is number 18 in the picture below...

c9ee519d5c999fa54bfedfc41ad19f4b.png

It's on the side of the clutch master cylinder that protrudes into the engine bay so you'll need to get under the bonnet to try and locate it (number 4 in the picture below)...

golf-mk5-4799.png

The part number is 1K0927810D and it is also known as the G476 switch/sensor. A genuine VAG part is listed as being about £50.

Go to the Sere Motors section on here and ask Dave for a quote because he will probably be able to do you a better deal. To avoid any issues I would advise using a genuine part rather than a cheap clone.

Last edited:

antipesto93

Aug 30, 2014
The clutch position sender switch (hall sensor) is number 18 in the picture below...

Amazing, thank you so much!!!

edit: for anyone else who needs to change the clutch switch, it is very easy and there is not even any need to get under the car.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members