LUCIFER'S baby...."Adalina" 1.4TSI FR

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Hello all. Just thought I'd start a Readers Ride.

I have had this car since December 2009 but having been away for five months and then again for another seven(afgahnistan) and between the two several months of missfire problems, I have not had the chance to publish many of my modifications; some of which wernt finished

Choosing the FR:
I did my research about the FR,CUPRA&BOC but I couldnt justify paying £1000 more ore £1600 more for the other two, seeing as the only differences were the map and spring. Both of which I planned on changing anyway. Liked the more subtle look of the front of the FR and the less VXR look of the centre trapesoid exhaust.

I only paid £13,000 for the FR under the scrappage scheme and my 2.0 16v mk 3 was knackered and only had scrap value, which is dogshit these days.
That was a saving of £2000 and £3600 if you compared it to the boc which was essentially the same car with some fancy paintwork.

Therefore my budget for the mods on this car were £3,600 to transform a car which is faster than a Boc and even better looking, that way in my mind im getting so much more for the money of a standard boc.

Running in:
I stuck to the manual strictly. People have said about the "thrashing from new" method which I would have agreed on bar the complexity of this car. I was sure that the engine could take it but what about the turbo/supercharger/gearbox!? Surely they must need running in too. Was worth the wait to stick it into S mode!:p

MY PLANS

Exterior

1. Debadge
2. Body Coloured Badges
3. Lower
4. Colored Side lights
5. Re paint Wing mirrors/Grille/Rear Diffuser/Headlight Insert
6. Smoked Side Repeaters/Rear Lights
7. Custom Graphics/Badges/Stickers
8. Spoiler
9. Skirts
10. Two-Tone Spray-over
11. Airbrushed Graphics

Interior

1. Gloss Black colour themed painting of plastic trim
2. Oil Temperature Gauge

3. Re-Upholstery of Panels
4. Bucket/Racing Seats

Engine

1. Remap
2. Induction Kit
3. DIY mods: turbo heatshield, supercharger cover, air re-direction
4. Exhaust
5. Intercooler
6. Remap Update to accomodate the above

7. Clutch Packs
8. Turbo Modifications
9. Methanol Injection

Handling

1. Coilovers
2. Lightweight Alloys
3. Track day tyres
4. Strut braces

Obviously I will Keep you all updated

Last edited:

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Inital Work

You know when you see something and there are just little things "niggling" you about it, things that you know would look better different.

So these are the mods I did ASAP after I got the car.....in the order of annoyance:

1. Debadged Rear £0

I think that the "IBIZA" and "FR" badges just clutter up the rear of the car and ruin the exellent lines that this car has. Think you'll agree that it opens up the rear and gives the car a wider stance.

2. Front and Rear re-coloured badges £18

Not a fan at all of the Silver badges, actually thats probably a massive inderstatement. It makes the badge look like the focus point, it draws the sides of the car inwards and makes it more narrow. Plus the black plastic surround of the badge looks cheap and nasty. I wouldnt say the new paint makes the badge blend in, but keeps it in proportion with the rest of the rear. Less is more

3. New Side-lights £20

Pathetic! Didnt go with the DRL package because i thought it was a rip off and the whole point in me getting an FR was down to money and the more subtle look. These lights though are just boring. Enter the new neon blue and pink leds, they merge together and make the whole light glow....really pretty if you ask me. Starting to sound like an interior designer now arnt I, that or just plain gay.......you decide

4. Lowered £780(Coilovers) +£135(Fitting&4wheel Alignment)

The suspension, although its supposed to be "sporty" is a joke, looks like an off road vehicle. Went with the reputation of KW for these bad-boys seeing as its such a massive thing to modify, not cost wise but your going to be riding on these for the cars life and i dont think its something to go budget on.

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
The Remap: £500

I decided on the Revo remap because of their reputation, reviews and the fact that most dealerships honour the warrenty when revo are concerned.

What a transformation!!!!!!!!!! :scary:

An extra 60bhp on top of what i thought was a pretty nippy car was so satisfying. My last car was a 200bhp mk3 and i loved the acceleration and the feeling of that, so I had been feeling a bit detatched from my FR because it was lacking the raw savageness I was used to. Under the revo map, the car felt like it was giving all that it could instead of being held back.........Its like w*nking through a 'jonnie' all your life and then one day taking it off and nailing a hottie bare back for the first time.

Took it to santa pod for USC that summer and posted a 1/4 mile of 13.7s which was the 2nd fastest MK5 at the time behind ibizaracebreaker.

I did the following:
1. S mode
2. T/C OFF
3. Lights/Air-Con/Electrics OFF
4. Stripped rear seats and spare wheel
5. Wheelspin to warm up
6. F*** all fuel in the tank, 99octane as usual
7. Changed manually just as peak power was dropping so under the next gear the revs
would start and end either side of peak power, giving me the most bhp at any one time.

A printout from AmD will be put up to demonstrate my gear changes.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Shame I didn't see you at USC!
Was gonna run my Mk.4 down the strip but never did. Just as well because I reckon I would have posted 18 seconds on a good run xD

Rob-Cupra

Sep 27, 2012
Grimsby
Just upload them to photobucket and paste in the links with the IMG tags

Hey thinking of doing my own rr but dont really know how to uplode photos ive got photobucket and have photos on it , also ive seen the "insert image " icon but that just adds a link. Whats are IMG tags? thanks in advance.

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Hey thinking of doing my own rr but dont really know how to uplode photos ive got photobucket and have photos on it , also ive seen the "insert image " icon but that just adds a link. Whats are IMG tags? thanks in advance.

On photobucket when you're looking at one of your photos, it will have the 'insert image' box on the right (in the new beat version), the bottom of these links is an IMG link. Click on this and it will pop up as 'copied' meaning it's now on your clipboard, then just write out your RR and paste this link in to the correct bit.

That's about as basic as I can explain it :shrug: HTH!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.