Clubsport S Golf vs Cupra 280

Dalomas

So just a random post from the blue, but my boss left me with his rather awesome Golf Clubsport S for a few days, and I was blown away by how strong it feels compares to my Cupra.

Now bearing in mind I do have the big Milltek downpipe, and a rather straight-through full Milltek system with out ANY resonators, I wasn't expecting my 300hp Cupra (measured, they all are stock, same as a TTS or an S3) to feel much different to the 315hp Golf.

Well... wrong. The Golf is RIDICULOUSLY strong and feels it. As you may or may not know, you only get full BOOOOOST in Cupra mode. Without my DTUK tuning box, in Cupra, I get a measured 2.0bar of BOOOOOST. 1.8bar in comfort or sport.

The Golf does 2.3bar in Race. This ties up a lot with rumours I've heard that the Clubsport Ss are kicking out 340-350 on the dyno.

It's the same engine, same injectors, etc... as our Cupra. So, basically I choose to believe that VW themselves are saying that chipping to 350hp is A-OK.

DTUK box going back on again. :whistle:

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
I've always said the cupra is majorly underpowered. Interesting to see what you've discovered, I know it's difficult to get a measurement of boost after a remap as there's no t section being turbo stratified injection, I've ran high boost high performance at 370 no issues just slightly higher operating temps.

The clubsport s weighs 200kg less than the Golf R has a uprated fuel pump different tuned ECU and completely newly designed exhaust, so it's kinda had all of the above upgrades you've had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xpo

May 7, 2016
Sweden
Yes less weight sure comes to play too in feeling more powerful. But I wouldn't be surprised if VW gave it more than those 310hp.
Not sure how much heavier our 280's are(depending on specs dsg, sunroof etc) but I would guess around 100kg maybe?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Xpo

May 7, 2016
Sweden
Oh and the CSS also has those swivels from the Audi TT, giving it more front camber. Would be interesting hearing how the turn in feels.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members