hesitation problem

damo c

i have had my lc mapped its a 2001 180bhp model, since having the map done it has been hesitating before boost, its now been mapped 3 times by the same company (no names mentioned) but still hesitating!

now i put it on the rollers at pts in luton, and it got 216.7bhp @ 4744rpm and 264.4lb ft @ 3646rpm, all figures are at 18psi.

the guys at pts said it wasnt holding torque just peaking up at 3000rpm then dropping off fast at 4200rpm. the bhp was a little better but the company who done the map said i would get at least 230bhp.

i have since emailed the company with the power graphs but they say thats about as good as it gets.

spoke to jabba sport and they reckon i have a dodgy map and that i need to have it sorted as i could be damaging my engine and turbo, but funds are tight and the company who mapped it are not getting back to me when i leave a message!

and advise welcome,

cheers

damo c

damo c

i cant as they use this site! but they know who they are! lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
if this company remap cars, have they done a lot of maps for your type/model of car? Has anyone else suffered these problems?
I would get your car checked over and make sure all components are performing as expected, as its more likely to be your car than it is the remap. If its a "custom" remap then the company should be able to "tailor" it to the car - if its a generic map then see if there are any other similar model/type cars out there with the map, and see if they have the problems. Chances are if its a remap by a reputable company, then you'll find that there will be loads of cars out there with no problems whatsoever, otherwise the product wouldnt be sold.

Also, for a company to quote from 180-230bhp straight from a remap seems quite high - do they require any other modifications to get these figures? Are you running entirely standard components? if so I would seriously check all common problem area's like DV, MAF, plugs, sensors etc.

Get VAG-COM and check it all over. Then go from there.

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
216 is a really good result. My Revoed LC only achieved 206 at pts.

Hestitation could be a number of things, start with the usual suspects, N75 is a starter for 10.

I agree with Pabs, 230 is at the really high end for just a remap. K03s can only give so much.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
if it's hesitating then I'll bet the timing is too high, assuming it's revo, and you got mapped by their luton people, then you need to turn it down.

why goto jabbasport to 'ask' their opinion - they regularly put other tuners down remotely. ignore their advice unless they have the car in front of them.

however - if you want to check your car is 'right' then the easiest thing is do some datalogging - dial the timing back & job's done.

what fuel are you using, what DV, what mods have you got otherwise

230 from a stock car is pretty pie in the sky, so that's just not going to happen - the numbers you're seeing are about right though.

damo c

I have got a full scorpion system, baily dv, forge turbo inlet pipe. i think it may be to do with timing as i got told it had been advanced quite alot.
i have had the car pluged in to vag-com and no problems came up.
i have replaced plugs & changed dv from standard one to the baily one,
the company done a custom map to the car.
they have since done it again 3 times!
but the same problem still!
i run optimax fuel in it so i cant see it as the fuel being a problem,
i have tried contacting the company by e mail, and have not had no success,
all i hope is that this is not damaging my car,
im looking to maybe have another re map but dont know who to have it done by?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
what custom remap? if you let us in on it - then there might be a prior problem/knowledge

If they've advanced the timing too much - then that'll be the issue. but it won't show on vag-com without logging

damo c

Right had some boost issues last night, was going at about 85mph in 6th put my foot to the floor and the boost was going mad between 16psi and 22psi, so tried in 5th and the same happened!

right im going to name names now as i have tried contacting the company all week and had no reply from them.

it was powermaps at essex

www.powermaps.co.uk

cheers

Steve Ryan

my car had the same symptons as yours at 3,000rpm after having revo down it was remapped twice i gave it a few tanks on optimax to improve no difference what so ever even though the car was a lot more powerful and drove well it was just that hesitation that annoyed, it was like a boost spike, the garage said i could have my money back or try the forge O.CT remap, well i tried and haven't look back no hesitation what so ever.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
lol. just reading that site

Is there a negative affect on Durability?

The mapping is done to enhance performance within the limits of the engine and the engines life therefore is not reduced.

For Example:

Seat Ibiza 1.8T Standard power : 156BHP

Seat Leon Cupra R Standard Power : 225BHP

These engines are identical however the Leon has a bigger turbo and higher pressure fuel regulator. Therefore if you put the Leon turbo on an Ibiza you could have the same power with the right map and the engine would still do well in excess of 100,000 miles.

Clearly a SEAT expert.

damo c

CAR NOW ON SAFE MODE! how do i get the car back on the standard map? moneys tight at the minute so can really afford to have another re map done.

damo c

i have just emailed powermaps and said the map is unsatisfactoy and that i would like my money back.

but i doubt i'll get a reply as i have sent emails before and had no reply

damo c

right the guy is coming out tuesday to try and sort it, but he seems to think theres something else wrong, i have had a friend look at it and he's a vw mecanic but he said theres nothing wrong with any of the engine componants, and put it down to the map.

damo c

it was smooth to drive before the map. i had all the mods on the car before i had it mapped, after speaking with people i think its the timing and its over boosting as you can hear the dv open sometimes when you come on boost.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise