Pathetic Reversing lights

Bidey

Hi Folks,
New here, But have a Altea TDI with parking sensors (Thank God:cry: ) with very poor reversing lights you need them!!
Is ther any simple solution for dark winter night reversing via upgrades Increase bulb wattage or other solutions.:confused:
PS: Is ther any hope of the dealer doing anything?[B)]

Bidey

jtmac

What most of us would really like though is both the fog and reverse light to be dual purpose fog/reverse lights and the reverse bulb to be brighter. (as mentioned in New Toledo area recently). Either that or a reverse light in the main cluster somehow.

I'd also like the dealer to actually fix my reverse sensors next time it's in there.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Started a post in the Toledo section on this while ago. Am still none-the-wiser on how to solve it except for stronger bulbs, but the fog and hazards could be usefull!looks daft but at least less chance of crunchin' something?! the whole housing would need to renewed to allow a red bulb/lense for fog and a white reversing light, think that be damn hard to do?

Richie D

May 24, 2005
Shropshire
It looks like the reverse light is on the the right hand side on the German car, and its on the left side in UK cars? I could be wrong. If this is the way they are, can you not just buy the German type reverse light and double them up?

Rich

Tell

Staff member
Afraid I just do mine by the sound and if in a tight spot get the co-driver [;)] out in the cold to beckon what the distances are.... some people are very, very stupid and selfish about parking in the south.... the best was when I had to drive down a one way road backwards recently and turn round at the junction since it was the only way to get out the drive.

Bidey

SEAT's reply to pathetic reversing lights!!!

Hi All,
Got feedback from Customer service's and they said that reversing light is to let other people know that you are reversing and not to iluminate the area to the rear at night.
How bad is that!!!!!!![:@]

A real bad design specification, possibly meant for clear Spanish nights and not dreich Scottish pouring rain nights when you are trying to reverse into your drive.:help:

Every other car i have had has had good lights so what makes SEAT think they are different???? :doh:

BIDEY[B)]

Hobbit

Aug 5, 2006
Stockport
So does anyone know if you can get a replacment clear light cover for left / nearside reversing light currently on Alteas?

ALTEA

Hi All,
Got feedback from Customer service's and they said that reversing light is to let other people know that you are reversing and not to iluminate the area to the rear at night.
How bad is that!!!!!!![:@]

A real bad design specification, possibly meant for clear Spanish nights and not dreich Scottish pouring rain nights when you are trying to reverse into your drive.:help:

Every other car i have had has had good lights so what makes SEAT think they are different???? :doh:

BIDEY[B)]

when i was reading the thread, (before i got to this post). I was thinking the same as what seat have told you. Reversing lights are there for other people to see that you are reversing and not for you to see where you are going. Take a lorry or caravan for example. Hardly worth the reversing light being there to illumniate the way backwards when the driver could'nt see directly behind anyway. This is the same for all manufacturers and as others have said if its that dark behind you I just switch the fog light on. I dont think that seat are any different from other manufanufacturers in this respect. That said the reversing lights on my leon mk1 were brighter possably because it had one on each side where as on the altea you just get one reversing light same as on many other cars.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise