Is it possible to upgrade a 2021 Ibiza's reversing light to a brighter one?

Metalogic

Mar 11, 2024
Oxford, UK
I have a late-2021 (post-facelift) SEAT Ibiza FR, with "full" LED headlights and tail lights, most the lights are really good, but the reversing light is pathetic and barely enough to be usable. Is there a straightforward way to upgrade it to something brighter? I'm presuming it's *not* an LED light - is there an easy-ish way to convert it to an LED light, for example? Thanks.

BTW I do have an ODBELEVEN unit on the Pro plan, if there needs to be any adaptions for using an LED reversing light (e.g. to disable any warnings), as I'm guessing it would be able to apply those?

Last edited:

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I've used the Twenty20 bulbs before and found them to be really good. Replaced the reversing light bulb in our Leon with one 5 years ago and had no problems.
No bulb out warning (I'm guessing the CANBus bulb out check doesn't include the reversing light) and super bright.
The Leon only needs one; I assume your Ibiza is the same.

Reactions: Metalogic

Metalogic

Mar 11, 2024
Oxford, UK
I've used the Twenty20 bulbs before and found them to be really good. Replaced the reversing light bulb in our Leon with one 5 years ago and had no problems.
No bulb out warning (I'm guessing the CANBus bulb out check doesn't include the reversing light) and super bright.
The Leon only needs one; I assume your Ibiza is the same.
Thanks! I'll give it a go - can you replace the bulb from inside the boot, or do you need to remove the light housing?

Is the rear fog light also non-LED? I guess that's more legally dubious to replace, though...

Metalogic

Mar 11, 2024
Oxford, UK
Thanks! I'll give it a go - can you replace the bulb from inside the boot, or do you need to remove the light housing?

Is the rear fog light also non-LED? I guess that's more legally dubious to replace, though...
Actually, looking at it, I think the rear fog light is already LED...

I've just received the Twenty20 bulb for the reversing light, will fit that soon.

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
I have a late-2021 (post-facelift) SEAT Ibiza FR, with "full" LED headlights and tail lights, most the lights are really good, but the reversing light is pathetic and barely enough to be usable. Is there a straightforward way to upgrade it to something brighter? I'm presuming it's *not* an LED light - is there an easy-ish way to convert it to an LED light, for example? Thanks.

BTW I do have an ODBELEVEN unit on the Pro plan, if there needs to be any adaptions for using an LED reversing light (e.g. to disable any warnings), as I'm guessing it would be able to apply those?
I have a 2009 leon. Was reversing and though the bulb was gone. Had a look at it today. A candle would be better.

Metalogic

Mar 11, 2024
Oxford, UK
I was going to replace the reversing light bulb today, but I couldn't actually see an easy way to access the back of the light cluster to replace the bulb in my 2021 Ibiza - unlike in this video of the bulb replacement in a Leon, the light cluster is not part of the boot lid, but rather is part of the main car body and there is no handy slide out panel to gain access to change the bulb. I did actually find this video which explains how to access the back of the light cluster on the current Ibiza's, but it's quite a lot more involved! There's also some information of this in the Seat Ibiza manual on page 94-95: https://www.seat.com/datamanual-manual/ibiza/my18_w04/en-uk/IBIZA_01_17_EN.pdf