Do not use The Deal Negotiator

Deleted member 23024

Right I'm going to tell you a little story about my experiance with The Deal Negotiator aka Matthew Wood the one man band!!

I will start at the begining back in June.

I started to get quote from the internet for a fully speced Seat leon FR TDi from differant stealers and online. The Negotiator came in the cheapest as £17,350 (I had alot of options so was happy)

The next cheapest was direct seat comming in at £17,500 who my dad had also ordered a new car from the previous week

I quickly rang Matthew Wood and paid my £500 deposit to seacure my place in the 1st of september as i understood thier was about a three month waiting list. He assureded me the purchase order was in the post and all i had to do was sign it!

The purchase order arrived in quick time but my part exchange was not on the order like we disscussed, I quickly ranf Matthew back and left three messages before i finally conacted him. He sent another purchase order out with the updated infomation but this time the Delivery Date was changed to Mid September. A quick explination of that it was my fault because i had farted about getting his purchase order correct and i had missed the date the car was to be built, [:@] and that the factory would be closed for Aurgust.

As the build date was moved considerable i asked if i could add the TomTom kit to the order but was responded with NO, the car is locked to production so cant be changed. A quick email to Seat customer services comfired this but said all he is required to do is ring Seat directly and they would put it on.
Telling Matthew this I got the response "I do not have time to chase order for £25 and that i should have got the order correct in the first place" I was so :censored: off

Im not the argumentative type so let it slip. for the whole of July and Aurguest i here nothing!! :whistle: Till i contact Matthew on the 1st of september and asked why i hadn't been contacted about a Finance quote. About a week later I got contact by Sidlow finance directly and said that if i didn't make my mind up thier and then for finance it would be too late for them to do anythink, I decided a bank loan instead.

As sidlow contacted me directly i though i would pose the question how much it would cost to fit parking sensores he told me £270. I though i would haggle with Matthew a bit and try for £250. To my astonishment he told me he cant charge me anywhere near the price and quoted me £350 :w4nk: At this time he though it also nice to inform me that I now had to wait to the 6th of October for my car for the same reason as before! [:@]

Ok again i let this all slide about 10 days before i still have had no reg to insure the car so yet again i tried ringing but it took three days to find out any information and when i did i got told they had lost the car some where. :censored:ing great.

I have finally got my reg today 5 of an October for delivery on the 18th of October. When asked about he lack of any customer services he told me that he is making less than £100 on this car bollox to that i say im having lost of Options, Mats and AutoGylm all of which im paying for and he can't do a thing for me.

I surgest to anyone to use direct seat they seem much more professional for only an extra £150 and to top it off my dads car arrived on time where mine is almost 2 months late.

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
Thanks for the heads up. I feel sorry for you mate, but with the margins being so tight he won't be interested in you once you have placed your order...

At work, whenever we get tenders for a job, we chuck out the cheapest and the most expensive and go for one of the contractors in the middle... Usually the cheapest are cheap for a reason...

Did you do any research in to this company prior to placing your order?

ghosty

Jun 14, 2007
essex
TDN have got some good reviews on here, ive checked them out and nearly used them.

i think this is the first bad report i have read about them on this forum, but if their standards are slipping then its good to share that knowledge..

Deleted member 23024

I did alot of reasearch and only found a couple of bad reviews, so though i would risk it. How wrong was I :(

After seeing the service my dad got from direct seat i feel ashamed.
When they forgot to fill the tank up of petrol like asked, they gave him the money to do it and some free mats only cheap but its nice to have that though.

I still think he will mess me around when i go to pick it up but who can i complain to its a one man band

orca

Aug 30, 2004
N Kent
www.bdmlr.org.uk
dealers service has a value. You must decide what it is worth to be able to speak to someone in a comapany and what it is worth to "stretch" their neck if they give you the run around. I put a price on being able to whinge face to face to a real persona nd use THAT as my guide price

Scottie2510

Sep 6, 2007
Demontank, sorry to hear. I've order from my local seat dealer. Service is good but when I asked about getting 18's put on they said no due to the order being confirmed by the factory. I've got Seat UK on the case now as I'm not accepting it due to them not being able to confirm a delivery date. Hopefully I'll get good news about the 18's next week. Hope you enjoy when it arrives.

toledoChris

Jul 20, 2004
Just to balance it out a little, I bought my new Leon through the deal negotiator and had no problems at all.

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
i originally ordered the petrol FR from simon at autoworld sheffield and when i changed my mind a week later, they had no problem changing my order for the tdi FR, top dealers at an amazing price - 16350 otr inc 18s, armrest, chrome, muddies n mats...

mike

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I had a quick look at the Deal Negotiator website and it seems that all they do is put you in contact with the cheapest dealer and all further queries should be directly with the dealer and not through the Deal Negotiator.

Demontank, who did you pay your deposit to?, was it to the Deal Negotiator or directly to the dealer?

toledoChris

Jul 20, 2004
I had a quick look at the Deal Negotiator website and it seems that all they do is put you in contact with the cheapest dealer and all further queries should be directly with the dealer and not through the Deal Negotiator.

Demontank, who did you pay your deposit to?, was it to the Deal Negotiator or directly to the dealer?

Its just a Front for the Sidlow group, they dont deal with any other dealers.

Deleted member 23024

No its only a front for the Sidlow group and i have to pay the deposit to him directly.

As i found out he is a one man band posing for the sidlow group, to which the sidlow group do not endouse or have anythink to do with him bar sell him cars

And all queries have to go though him as sidlow wont answer to you (god i tried that one)

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I thought looking at the website he just puts you in contact with a dealer and you are supposed to pay the deposit directly to them. If that was the case then I could see why he shunned you away, but as you have paid him direct then he should provide the expected service to you.

If you feel that he has breached your contract with him, you could always try trading standards or consumer advice.

cupra240

I cant beleive how you were treated its ridiculous,

I dealt with Curt @ Autoworld in Sheffield, really good main dealers, great service and love the cars ive bought from there,

Deleted member 23024

Thinks are just getting better from this guy!! I have just been informed that they dont normally sell cars at the weekend. The thing that annoys me is that I always asked for a saturday delivery and was told that was no problem. but now because of circumstances he is prepared to do it for me.

God if i ever meet this guy think i might just punch his lights out [:@]

Icehquk

Jun 22, 2007
Staffs
i originally ordered the petrol FR from simon at autoworld sheffield and when i changed my mind a week later, they had no problem changing my order for the tdi FR, top dealers at an amazing price - 16350 otr inc 18s, armrest, chrome, muddies n mats...

mike

Parts at my dealers said you couldn't put mud flaps on an FR. Can you confirm you can and that Seat fitted them and i'll chase them up on that ta :)

Icehquk

Jun 22, 2007
Staffs
Thanks Chris i'll have a word with them as wouldn't mind them on mine.
Check out my thread below. Done the armrest today to get rid of all but a few of the flecks wouldn't mind knowing what you think. I don't seem to have the autodimming mirror in mine. Had it my S3 and thought I would get it in this but seems standard. Shame as a few on that thread above seem to have it :confused: Someone wrote anout removing the tdi badges on wing, funny thing is they were never on mine :lol: Anyone else had this.
Anyways as said thanks, that is why I love this site ;) Sorry for going off topic a little :whistle:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.