My first Seat

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
Finally got my MK2 Leon last night. Still not sure what features I should expect from a model S.
I kinda thought all post face lift Leon's had cruise control as standard. I can't find the model number of the stereo in the picture. And as you can see I have standard a/c.
The SWCs aren't working. When I mentioned it to the guy I bought the car off. He said he never used them. It wasn't his daily car. In other words he bought it to sell on. And in that case I thought any decent person would check these things before selling. The horn is working so hopefully it's just a fuse.
I have a feeling this is not a model S steering wheel. It has buttons for phone and voice. Which don't appear anywhere else on the car..
The OBD socket isn't working either. Maybe (hopefully) the two are related.
Apart from that the car is fine (so far). Thought the main beam wasn't working on auto. But after reading here. I realise I must have automatic high beam. I have to say I haven't yet encountered the excessive road noise others have mentioned.
IMG_20240322_155818~2.jpg

Last edited:

StephenSJ

Feb 11, 2024
Congrats on the purchase. Regarding road noise I find that it’s either better or worse depending if the foam in the front arches is present. The benefit of it is that it dampens the road noise but, the draw back is that it is always saturated with water when it rains and can eventually rot the front wings so keep and eye there. A lot of people take it out.

Reactions: GORDYDJ

StephenSJ

Feb 11, 2024
What about other sound deadening materials?
Something non-permeable it would have to be. The issue is the foam soaks in all the water and it’s about 3 inches thick. It never dries and also traps mud between it and the arch lip. Mercedes use air filled bags believe it or not, some taped together, like packing material and that seems to be a better solution.

Frostensen

Aug 10, 2019
Are you sure this is a facelift car? I don't see USB ports in the small compartment in front of the shifter (at the bottom of the picture). I don't think that radio supports bluetooth. As far as I can tell you have a SE250 BVX BLAUPUNKT CAR STEREO unit so I don't see how your steering wheel controls might work. You should check if that car was in any kind of accident and had its steering wheel replaced. I'd pop the hood and inspect the inner sides of quarter panels to see if there was any weird metal distortion/sloppy welding /messy paint work. I think you may have been conned.

Edit: I may have spoken too soon. I just saw one in the ads that has the same dash as yours. It doesn't mention bluetooth so I still don't understand what's the deal with SWC (and it does have mp3 plug in the front compartment)

Last edited:

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
Are you sure this is a facelift car? I don't see USB ports in the small compartment in front of the shifter (at the bottom of the picture). I don't think that radio supports bluetooth. As far as I can tell you have a SE250 BVX BLAUPUNKT CAR STEREO unit so I don't see how your steering wheel controls might work. You should check if that car was in any kind of accident and had its steering wheel replaced. I'd pop the hood and inspect the inner sides of quarter panels to see if there was any weird metal distortion/sloppy welding /messy paint work. I think you may have been conned.

Edit: I may have spoken too soon. I just saw one in the ads that has the same dash as yours. It doesn't mention bluetooth so I still don't understand what's the deal with SWC (and it does have mp3 plug in the front compartment)
Thanks for your reply. My thoughts are that a previous owner preferred the look of the steering wheel. It's also had side skirts (poorly) fitted along with ugly wing mirror covers. I haven't noticed the mp3 connection.
I have to charge the battery so I'll have a good look later. But so far shut lines etc look fine.

Frostensen

Aug 10, 2019
Thanks for your reply. My thoughts are that a previous owner preferred the look of the steering wheel. It's also had side skirts (poorly) fitted along with ugly wing mirror covers. I haven't noticed the mp3 connection.
I have to charge the battery so I'll have a good look later. But so far shut lines etc look fine.
I think you should have this thingy down there.

Attachments

• 1713539728938.png
    1713539728938.png
    257.3 KB · Views: 15
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.