Swapped My ZS for this

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Recently swapped my ZS 180 for Tolly V5. Had to be a good one to get me to part with my MG, but this seemed to fit the bill:-

DSC00026-1.jpg

DSCF00801.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

DSCF0082.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

01092007002-1.jpg

01092007006-1.jpg

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
I have never liked gold cars at all but, thats stunning !! :drool: The colour really shows off the tolly's clean lines :clap:

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Thanks guys. Yes I really love it, it has all the toys and they all work too! It does feel very well put together compared to the MG just not quite the same performance but that wasn't an issue for me and it still goes pretty well.

The Gold was standard colour I think but not that many around and not everyones cup of tea. I think it kind of suits the car with the mods that have been done though and the guy on here who done them has done a very good job I think.

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
You got a really really nice car then - i am sure he'd literally just finished doing the bodywork etc on it :)

Cheers. Yeah Bigfella only had the car about 6 months and done a lot of mods to the bodywork in that time, the rear roof spoiler went on just before we done the swap. I also really liked the alloys which he wanted to keep but I think they help make the car. BTW he also got a very good under-rated car which will keep a smile on his face I'm sure.

bigfella_V5

MG ZS 180 - V6
Feb 25, 2007
Yep here I am - good to see the pics. I was never totally sure about the gold - I did the mods and it looked much much better.

I am enjoying the MG very much and it is in equally good condition.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
MG will be the better handler, oh and sounds a lot better. i went to the ring a couple of weeks ago in a facelift ZS V6 with xpower exhaust, nothing else, and it was the biggest shock ever. Really was a good car, handled so well round the ring, and speed wise was good. Jsut very very cheap inside and not good quality.

That Toledo looks very nice and i would say one fo the best i have seen, shame its not a 1.8T for tuning side i suppose. still lovely though

bigfella_V5

MG ZS 180 - V6
Feb 25, 2007
MG will be the better handler, oh and sounds a lot better. i went to the ring a couple of weeks ago in a facelift ZS V6 with xpower exhaust, nothing else, and it was the biggest shock ever. Really was a good car, handled so well round the ring, and speed wise was good. Jsut very very cheap inside and not good quality.

That Toledo looks very nice and i would say one fo the best i have seen, shame its not a 1.8T for tuning side i suppose. still lovely though

Cheers for the comments - yes its a shame it wasn't a 1.8T but then again some might say the 2.3 is more suited to the type of car it is.

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
I agree the Turbo version is way better for tuning and getting more power. However I also agree with Bigfella that the V5 is very well suited to the Toledo which is more 'executive' than 'racer' IMO. I think you would also have to do some serious mods to the supension setup if you were going to put 200+ bhp through this car, I'm not convinced the chassis would cope very well.

Nomis

My dad just got rid of his V5, I know how good they are. Good buy mate.

Stunning colour... love it!

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Looks nice mate! Musta been hard trying to shift the MG, know a few folk who bought them good few years back and now can't even shift them for pennies!

To be fair I wasn't looking to sell the MG, I've just always liked the V5 and an opportunity arose through this forum to do a swap with Bigfella who fancied the MG. I know what you mean about the value falling dramatically when Rover went bust, but the ZS 180 really is a used car bargain and I would never put anyone off going for one. They are a fantastic drivers car and I found 3 years of ownership with a 120 and a 180 trouble free. The problem with shifting one is more down to the fact that people are unfortunately unaware of how good they are.

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
3 Years on and still going strong.

A few more mods inside but the outer has pretty much stayed the same:-
Been very reliable too.
In 3 years all I've done is replace the coilpacks, rear pads and this week the battery which aint too bad for a 9 year old car :)

100_0526-1.jpg

100_0414.jpg

100_0530-1.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0097d.jpg

DSCN0939.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise