Votes: 26 11.0%
  • Black surround - debadged

Votes: 118 50.0%

• Total voters

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Lift off over steer is very hard to get tbh, i wrag mine quite a bit around very sharp bends ect...
i've still yet to get alot of lift off over steer, always end up with the front skipping out and then gripping hard when lifting off.
i've got the Whiteline RARB and it's on the hardest setting as well as AP coilies dropped 50mm front and all the way down at the rear, still not happy with the ride hieght.

Handling is great though, best handling car i've had.

I might have to invest in one later in the year when I can afford it then. Insurance is looming so can't get too carried away. :(

Have you had your ARB replaced? Are you sure it's not that knocking against the subframe due to worn bush end stops?

I haven't. When did yours used to knock fella?

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
I haven't. When did yours used to knock fella?

Mine knocked over rough ground and speed bumps. The noise was the ARB hitting the wishbone bush console on the drivers side.

I put this pic in another thread to show how the end stops should look

JOOOO.jpg

If your end stops have perished and fallen off then I'm pretty sure that's what's causing your knocking noise

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Mine knocked over rough ground and speed bumps. The noise was the ARB hitting the wishbone bush console on the drivers side.

I put this pic in another thread to show how the end stops should look

JOOOO.jpg

If your end stops have perished and fallen off then I'm pretty sure that's what's causing your knocking noise

I'm pretty sure mine looks like that cos i seem to remember noticing the stop had a split/crack in it. Will that be what's causing it then? If I can get under my car I'll take a pick when I get 5 mins! :)

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Ah! :redface:

Didnt you say some bits on the standard one are plastic or something but on the fabia they are metal? Or is that me just being stoopid?

So all i need to upgrade is literally, ARB, bushes?

The end stops on the standard bar are plastic whereas on the Fabia bar they are metal. They look exactly the same.

Yep all you need to upgrade is the Fabia vRS ARB, bushes and maybe the bush clamps.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
I paid roughly £75 for the bar and bushes. New clamps are only a few quid each but I didn't need them for some reason.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Bad news!

Well, on Friday we were all called together in work, and to cut a long story short, I've been made redundant as of 6th November. So it seems the Ibiza is gonna have to suffer for the time being! No more mods - it needs servicing soon which obviously will be done still. But this thread isnt gonna be updated much until I can get a new job! And with 2 million other people out of work at the moment, it's not going to be the easiest task to find a new one! Already tried a few places and it's not looking good! So......just hope the Ibiza wont need to go as a result if times get really hard! :cry:

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Sorry to hear the bad news, Ash :(

I'm sure you will find something, even if its not what you want to (even if its just a christmas job to tie you over).

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Thanks for the best wishes guys! Bit of bummer really as it's my 21st birthday in a few weeks and obviously wanted to do something special for it! Whereas now I'm saving every last penny just incase I cant get a job until the new year! :(

Hopefully things will pick up, but been looking and asking around alot and the future isnt bright....or Orange. :lol:

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
sorry to hear that things haave got slightly wrong for you ash! hopefully you will get a job soon to keep tinkering!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members