Non Cupra's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mat

I noticed there's now a fair few 1.4 owners (not seen a 1.2 owner yet, and so far only seen 1 1.6 owner). Anyway, to avoid the pic threads getting off topic (me and adam started talking about suspension in Ibiza125's thread), and various other threads. I thought we could use this to discuss what we have done, plan on having done and where to get stuff from for our tiny, powerless engine :D

Anyway, continuing from earlier

i would recommend getting cupra suspension mat, its lower standard. its stiffer to counter the heavier engine. since my old shocks died and had them replaced them with cupra ones they have made such a difference.

Adam: Where did you get your Cupra R suspension from? Hopefully not dealers? If so how much?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mat

someone at work today said summat about me cruising round town in my cupra! I was like "you what?" (didnt even know he new about cars)

and he said, "yours is a cupra aint it".
Led him to believe for 5mins it was :cartman: then told him the truth! And he said "well it has cupra stickers on it". turns out he was referring to the SCN stickers :D

Mat

PMSL!!! To be honest (my be lack of experience with faster cars) but they can be nippy! Especially round town etc.

smiler220

rollin at 220 want more!
Oct 16, 2006
Bournemouth
I had 1.6 sport brilliant revy little beeza get a filter open filter it sounds great!!!
Thats untill some dippy cow pulled out in front of me with out looking it died a horrible death!!!!!

jimmybonsaville

Had the chance of one just like your old 1.6. Full cupra kit, wheels. But it sold before I decided to go for it... :(

Another 1.4 here :D

Ive seen a few peeps have used cupra bodyparts on the ibizas etc So how easy is this to do? If its a straight bolt on i might keep my eyes open for a set of skirts and a front bumper? Anything else i should look out for? Oh and offcourse some alloys which i just can seem to find lol

Mat

just been offered a Cupra Suspension set up for a decent amount. Covered 38k! Is that good? How much did you pay for yours adam? and are all the fittings the same?

Mat

BTW. does anyone know the difference in height between the standard 1.4 and cupra? also I'm runnin on 40mm lowering springs at the mo. Would the cupra set up make my car a little lower?

T. Spark

They didnt do a 1.2 MK3?

Oh and mat, your car is 'nippy' much like my grandad can tap dance 'good'

Its funny to watch him try, but you soon get bored and just start to break dance to keep yourself entertained.

smiler220

rollin at 220 want more!
Oct 16, 2006
Bournemouth
Front bumper straight forward enough old one off new one on!!!! That simple cant remember but i think fog light connectors are the same. Side skirts were easy on the 1.6 as they were fitted as standard just had them painted.

jamesroobotom

cupra mk3
Jan 7, 2007
STOURBRIDGE
I used to have a cracking 1.6 sport, you could hardly tell it wasn't a cupra! To this day i still think it looks better than my cupra! was sad to see it go:cry:
Was a great run around with good MPG, and it was still quite quick!
Gotta say i think the lower spec front headlights always look alot cleaner than the cupra ones, what do you think???

P1040086.jpg

P1040085.jpg

P1040083.jpg

jamesroobotom

cupra mk3
Jan 7, 2007
STOURBRIDGE
Another 1.4 here :D

Ive seen a few peeps have used cupra bodyparts on the ibizas etc So how easy is this to do? If its a straight bolt on i might keep my eyes open for a set of skirts and a front bumper? Anything else i should look out for? Oh and offcourse some alloys which i just can seem to find lol

The cupra skirts and bumpers ect, are a straight swap, had no problems with the 1.6, it really makes all the difference :)

Status
Not open for further replies.