Hids 4 U Pics Please!

jordanogrady

Sep 29, 2008
no your not being tight, I don't want to pay £160 either, I only paid £65 for my other ones on my Fto, granted they didn't have anti error device (probably a few resistors) and didn't have the soft start, but an extra £100 is alot! There must be another company out there that does some that work! Let's all email arround! And get googling! Or contact hid4u and ask them if they will do a group buy! Someone paid £125 for them on here, so we know they can lower the price!

Worth a try!

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
A few pics taken tonight with the Hids4U Ultimate H7 Anti-Glare Bulbs

2006_0408April0083.jpg

The camera loses the direct beam pattern

2006_0408April0078.jpg

A close up of how the anti-glare bulbs work reflecting only in the top half of the lense allowing a more direct beam pattern and no glare to other cars

2006_0408April0085.jpg

Shows a clear improvement to the bulb test I did a few weeks back http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=187933&highlight=bulb+test

Overall huge improvement of the stock bulbs, just love them down the dark country lanes. Well worth the money i think

Last edited:

jordanogrady

Sep 29, 2008
Wow cheers for that, so... I know you havnt tried the normal HID's but would you say these were brighter? I know its hard to say, but what are your thoughts mate?

Cheers

Jordan

jordanogrady

Sep 29, 2008
The only thing is.... I cant see how they will be brighter if half the bulb is covered... unless it has a reflective strip on and it pushes even more light back upwards?
What do you think??

Jordan

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
The only thing is.... I cant see how they will be brighter if half the bulb is covered... unless it has a reflective strip on and it pushes even more light back upwards?
What do you think??

Jordan

You still get the same sort of output but it is a more focused light from the lense rather than spread over the lense

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
Just my luck - I gave my £40 HID kit to a mechanic who looks after me. :cry: This would have been worth a try before spending over three times that. Saying that, Im over the moon with the HIDs4u kit :funk:

jordanogrady

Sep 29, 2008
I understand the HID4U kit is a good kit, but I've had a set of HID's from Hong Kong before, and the quality was awsome, I was really happy with them, had them on the FTO for 2 years, and no bulbs went or anything.... so I may go for this option... and report back...

What connection do I need to be going for?

I have Emailed the seller, so i'll wait for his/her response before I buy anything!

Jordan

jordanogrady

Sep 29, 2008
yes H7 for dipped beam

Are these the golf mk 5 lights? Are the seat lights same as the golf mk5??

I've just had this reply from an Ebay shop/seller!

Hi Jordan, this kit works 100% without OBC errors in Golf mk5, we also supply the exact holders and everything you need for a direct fit. We also have this available in MTEC who also do a kit the only difference is the mtec golf mk5 bulbs are built into the bulb whereas the ultra kit they come seperated, the MTEC kit is much better quality than the hids4u kit and alot cheaper.! Thanks Martin

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.