Leon Mk2 Roof Bars

Dhofar

Has anyone fitted Thule (or any other make) roof bars to their Leon Mk2? If so could you post some pics with the doors closed & open please? I would like to carry a mountain bike on the roof & have seen the pics on the Seat accessory page for their bars & the Thule instructions too but neither seem to be very clear as to exactly where they clamp on.

Many thanks.........

13snc

13SoNotCool
Jan 8, 2008
Croatia
www.seatclubcroatia.com
image434vn3.jpg

image435fw9.jpg

image437jp8.jpg

here's mine with FR bumpers on it! :happy:

Dhofar

Thank you very much 13snc!! The pics are just what I wanted. The rear bar fitting is very deep & I couldn't quite see how it would sit but your pics have cleared that up for me. Are the fittings padded against the bodywork or is it metal against metal? They must distort the door rubber seal a bit - do the marks show on the rubber with the bars removed? I think I will probably get a set now.

Thank you too Leigh15. Diolch.

13snc

13SoNotCool
Jan 8, 2008
Croatia
www.seatclubcroatia.com
this is original SEAT roofbars for Leon/Altea...
it has an some soft material so it is not metal to metal...
day after you remove roofbars it's not visible on the rubber.. i got them on for a month this summer...and nothing

Lumby

Jan 26, 2012
Thought I may as well resurrect this thread. How do the the roof bars fit on to the leon? As I couldn't see any points for them to connect as most cars have.

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
The bar bases sit on the roof and have a bracket that hangs down and fits above the tops of the doors, basically you clamp the bracket and the bar bases together.

The doors close normally and as mentioned, the rubber seals mould around the bracket. The front bar has a locating peg (look above your front doors and there will be a hole on the underside of the roof) and the rear bar fits between two pressed lines above the rear doors.

markyraf

Leon Roof bars

Hi

I have the thule roof bars on mine, the fronts fit into the hole in the upper front door aperture, (there is a spigot on the foot kit of the thule set) and the rears just clamp a set distance from the front, again in the rear door aperture.

Dead easy, i bought a set of aerobars from ebay then bought the specific foot kit from Thule

bout £100 all i paid

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

Lumby

Jan 26, 2012
Cheers guys, that's great advice mainly need them for my boards and bikes before summer kicks in. just gotta get them on.

pfitz

I fitted the OEM ones and was worried about damaging paintwork - the rubber feet and plasticised metal protect to some extent but if they are on for a while you'll get gunk between them and the body which is sure to scratch. Recommend cleaning areas thoroughly, and cutout some paint protector film where the feet and hooks contact the body. Came off easy at the end of summer when boards went in the shed and no damage at all.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members