INA uprated engine mounts

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
After having these for........well too many months
I finally got these fitted today.
The transmission one I had fitted before so it was just the engine mount and DBM to fit.

I had bought the OEM stretch bolts from David at Seremotors prior to this so was just a case of removing the old mounts and bolts and replacing these with the new ones.
The DBM was very very easy to fit, four bolts removed, mount out, new mount in and four bolts replaced.

The engine mount was a little bit more of a pain but TBH not as much as I was expecting.

I was planning on replacing the coolant bottle anyway because getting WELL fed up of BEEP!!!!! BEEP!!!!!! BEEP!!!!! every morning followed by having to check the level, just incase.
So the bottle was removed, coolant drained from the radiator, power steering reservoir was loosened and moved out of the way.
The engine was jacked up and bolts removed, mount was removed and new one on place. New bolts fitted all bits back in place.
Total job done in 4 hours, including replacing the coolant header tank.

Initial thoughts...

The engine feels solid now, zero and I mean zero cabin vibrations. When cornering the car feels much more planted and there is zero lift off lunge. I have my winter tyres on now so won't manage the spirited driving bit but I'm 100% sure the car will feel much much better at speed on the twisties.

If you have ARB's and Strutt brace you need this mod aswell, its the final help along the way of a great handling car.
And at the prices Issam's charging how can you go wrong.

Thumbs up to Issam, another great product:clap:

caveo

I have the vibratechnic mounts and i thought they would do fook all but keep the engine from moving too much.... But this mod is great yet subtel and often overlooked but should be done if going BT or for track use.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Yup, even if your running a standard car but like the handling to be top notch this should not be overlooked. As you say for BT its a must or else you'll be chasing your engine through a field

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
JS - was it the track density DBM you went for?

I've been mailing INA and was planning on going for a Street density DBM. I have a poly bushed one at the moment and the vibrations annoy me. Did you have a poly one before to compare against? If you're sure it's smooth with the track density one then I may go for that instead.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Stew
I'd go for track density 100% on the DBM with Street density for the others

I had the polyflex bush in the OEM DBM before as it really pissed me off, with this there is zero vibrations but with the same feeling of control.
I've not fully tried the performance handling but I don't think you'd be dissapointed
DPJ went for the full track density, he said there was quite a bit of vibration at first but it settled down

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
Stew
I'd go for track density 100% on the DBM with Street density for the others

I had the polyflex bush in the OEM DBM before as it really pissed me off, with this there is zero vibrations but with the same feeling of control.
I've not fully tried the performance handling but I don't think you'd be dissapointed
DPJ went for the full track density, he said there was quite a bit of vibration at first but it settled down

Cool, I'll change my order. I know RobDon went for the same setup as yours so that makes 2 happy customers with this combo. I'm still sticking with my standard engine mounts though as mines still only done 28K and feels solid enough.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.