The croaky creaky clutch pedal! - Fixes??

Hey folks!

Done a search, majority of clutch pedal related posts are due to the pedal snapping from the weld etc but couldn't find many about the croaky sound of the pedal!

Basically - even the slightest touch on the pedal causes a croaky, creaky - almost haunted house door opening type noise!

It's even worse if you put the pedal halfway down and release it really slowly.

I've had the clutch replaced so it's not that.

Today I armed myself with a can of WD40 and went upside down underneath the steering / fusebox area, took both bits of plastic off and sprayed like a crazy man - most of it going back over me! :blink:

Anyway, still no joy, so it can't be coming from that area, unless i've missed somewhere, it's definately got to be the pedal joint at some point.

I couldn't even see where the pedal welds would be... Is that behind another bit of plastic? ( I noticed a plastic panel held in by 2 clips)

Anyway, any of you folks managed to stop the noise??

lemonslap

In The Know
Mar 14, 2009
Kent
Mine now does it after the clutch cable was replaced, one of the clips behind the dash snapped and I believe this is causing my noise, I too tried using white grease on the pivot with no improvement.

darren_mcvicar

Might be the spring? Did you WD-40 that? Might be worth taking it out and having a check over it to see if it's the cause. Beware though you might struggle to get it back in again!

ad agree with that woudnt use wd40 tho got any grease ?? pack the spring with that

Hey :)

Well, I tried using some white grease on the spring (I take it you mean the massive spring?) I completely soaked that, and still making the noise!

I might just buy a new spring for it, can't do any harm...

Last edited:

EZ Tutty

Nov 21, 2006
Derby
www.eztutty.co.uk
i have the very same problem, and i found it's actually the rod that goes into the clutch slave cylinder thats attached to the pedal arm, theres like a rubber boot if i spray some silicon lubricant in there the noise goes for a couple of days, but soon comes back.

I've had a new clutch pedal arm, and spring and they never made a difference.

Mat

weld the pedal box up before it snaps (not read whole thread, but i'm taking a stab in the dark here :D)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.