T-sport or T cupra?

NotPotter

I think that part of parkers is wrong if I'm honest, there's a few other anomalies on the site with other cars, as far as I know it's the same engine. I think it's just a level trim as has been said before, the sport doesn't come with a disc changer (according to parkers, but the ones I've seen on autotrader have had them.)

DodgyDave

May 15, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
I'll have to guess you are looking at an older Leon (perhaps around 2000 on a X/Y plate) - as this is what i have :)

I have the Leon 1.8 "20VT Sport"

At the time (Nov 2000) the "20VT Cupra" was the same apart from some extras like leather seats, sat-nav (i think) and some other options like that, but the engine is the same.

Also the last time i looked the sport was one/two groups lower in the insurace lists ;)

Both are on the 180BHP mark and will re-map to around 210/215 easily.

More info would help - why you need to know ??

ta, Dave

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Originally they produced a Sport, which was followed by the Cupra. The Cupra had electric memory leather seats, plus a few other options over and above the Sport. The Sport continued to be sold alongside the Cupra for a short time before the more expensive Cupra was kind of phased out.

They then made the Sport the Cupra from that point on and made some of the extras that came std on on the original Cupra options, some refer to those later cars as rebadged Sports.

Just a case of SEAT altering it's product specifications, they are still at it today. All about market conditions and costs compared to the competition.

From MY03 onwards the Cupra's were then facelifted with a more aggressive body kit that was originally used on the V6 4WD European model (never sold in the UK).

Last edited:

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
The difference is simply a facelift. Exactly the same car apart from the bumpers, side skirts and wheels.

no mate the sport and early cupra share the same bodys. it was more of a rebadge. came in around the same as the ko3/ko3s and vvt change.

pre 2000 ish may well be badged as a sport, post 2000 ish badged as a cupra.

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
Nope, only in the U.K. it's called "Cupra".
Rest of the world it goes under the name "Top Sport" and later "FR"

Same car, different name.

Exactly,

Here in Ireland we never got the cupra, all cars sold up until 2005 were t-sports. The fr's followed after that.

I have a 2003 cupra that I imported from the UK, it's labeled as t-sport on the data sticker in the boot :confused:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.