Aerial amplifier feed/fitting

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Hi all,

finally decided to get a new head unit so enable usage with my ipod, so decided to buy up all the other bits and pieces I needed. I got the fascia, and this aerial amplifier (PC5-52). However, on trying to install the unit today, I came across 2 problems:

The aerial connection on the new headunit is different to the back of the aura (Is this ISO?), and is a long tube-like connection (is this DIN?). After some headscratching and searching, can someone confirm that I probably need this ISO to DIN amplifier instead? Or can I use the PC5-52 that I already have and just stick this on the end? In all the threads that I've read about headunits, its always the PC5-52 that gets mentioned - rarely anything about a DIN aerial... Correct me if my terminology is wrong - trying to learn up!

Second this about the amplifier is that there is a small blue wire that extends out of the amplifier. I believe that this is the 12v (?) feed to powe the amplifier. The short questions is - where do I connect this to?

Thanks for any answers (i'm sure sure mtaudio will be along soon, he pretty much answered every other ICE related question I have :)) will be much appreciated. Will review and have pics of the unit in my readers ride thread, which I will try to start in a week or so.

Cheers
Jonny

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
you can purchase the pc5 27 smaller one,this does the same job as the male aerial booster.
Basically the pc5-52 should be used for blaupunkt,becker and alpine for straight fitment,the other should be used for kenwood,jvc,pioneer,panasonic and sony although sony can be used with either as they are the only brand to come with a pc5-27.

The blue wire needs to be attached to the antenna wire on the radios iso loom.any decent radio will have this wire on pin 5 of the iso-again blue wire,if your radio doesnt have that you'll need to connect it to the ignition wire of your headunit,if you have just swapped the bullet connectors in order to save memory remember which is now ignition

Matt

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Cheers for that Matt. I'll be able to try this out once my car is back from the mechanics :( been without her since Wednesday as my clutch has gone bye-bye... I'll get one of those pc5-27 on order then. Still not entirely clear about how to attach the blue wire though - will prob be easier to explain (to me!) when I can get a pic up.

Cheers, JP

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
either bullet connector or solder it to the blue wire coming out of the radio harness,easiest way,by the time youve ordered it itd cost more than one from even halfords,get down your local car audio place

PSX

Sep 20, 2009
Sorry to raise an old thread, just having troubles with the aerial amplifier on my LCR - today I've been going back and forth with a PC5-90 trying to improve the FM reception (only strongest stations received) - however when I connected it, and connected the blue wire from my Sony HU to it, signal actually became worse!

I can't seem to get a definitive answer as to whether I should be connecting the blue wire to the booster, the remote turn-on wire to the booster, the blue wire to Pin 5 (listed as Switched Plus - see http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=254686) or nothing at all? Further to this I'm unsure if switched plus is even connected through to the centre console in my car, as pin 5 is empty..

Any help on this would be much appreciated, signal just seems far too poor really!

Thanks,

Alex

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
if its poor regardless then you may have a problem with the aerial base
cant remember who it was but theres a thread where someone took off the aerial base after the same issues and it was very corroded

leon55

is this worth doing, dont know if it would help in a bad reception area or just with bad aerial reception, need to replace the HU first another job for this weekend but unsure if i need extra cables for the Pioneer DEH-P55BT new to audio so its all foreign to me,
all help gratefully accepted, cheers

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
youll need a fascia and aerial booster (only get the 2nd if you dont have ctr aerial) and youll need to take the aerial base off as you have a more serious problem if you have poor reception with the oem unit installed

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.