Instrument binnacle lights

toledojohn

Does anyone have a picture of what the instrument binnacle should look like with headlights/fogs/anything else that brings a light up?

My Ibiza doesn't show anything for side/head/foglights being switched on, not sure if anything else is missing.

Full beam and the TCS light do work, as do indicators. Speedo, fuel temp etc also work correctly.

Want to confirm what it should look like before I complain.

Cheers

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
As far as i know, ther's no light to indicate whether the side, front or fog lights are on dude.. at least not on mine anyways.. im sure other will confirm this though..

toledojohn

Strange, if that's the way it is though that's fair enough.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
It might be worth cheking your fuses and maybe getting to the plug on the back of your clocks and making sure it's secure. I'm pretty sure the headlight and foglight warning lights are needed fo the mot or at least the fog one.

Blakrover

Apr 28, 2010
Preston/Wigan
The fog light on light is right next to the light dial. (If that made sense)

As for the side-light/head-light light; my 05 sport had this (little green "lights") but my 56 cupra doesnt.

toledojohn

It's an 07 FR.

More difficult to find out that I thought then.

I'll check if the indicator beside the knob goes on after work.

Certianly looks funny with nothing to notify the lights are on, never had a car without it before, including SEATs.

Blakrover

Apr 28, 2010
Preston/Wigan
True, just usually they have a lights on indicator too. Plus the lights on indicator can be more noticable than just the backlight sometimes

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
My Ibiza has a "sidelight/headlight on" light, just like 99% of road cars of today...

but not on the dash where he is looking at... i.e where the speedo is.. (or instrument binnacle as john said)

They are down where the screw knob for the lights is located...

If you don't have any lights down there either john, (im guessing thats ur name! :p ) then my best bet is that ur bulb has gone from there...

toledojohn

Yip it is John.

I've just got the car so it'll get fixed by the dealer anyway, need to confirm if it should have one or not though before looking like an idiot.

Seems to be a lot harder than I had imagined to confirm though.

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Yip it is John.

I've just got the car so it'll get fixed by the dealer anyway, need to confirm if it should have one or not though before looking like an idiot.

Mines a facelift FR same as yours and mine doesnt have it.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
the actual light switch itself has lights on it where they light up whenever you switch on the front fogs or rear fogs. The light switch stays permanantly lit up so that you can locate the switch to put the lights on in the first place

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
Yip it is John.

That's the lottery of SEAT factory fitters! haha, u never know what u'll get! :p

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
but not on the dash where he is looking at... i.e where the speedo is.. (or instrument binnacle as john said)
No... I do have a "lights on" dashboard display light. Do I need picture evidence? :p

It sounds very odd that there are cars these days being built without such dashboard lights!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.