Phil-B's Mk3 Flash Red Ibiza Cupra R -28/6/11 Last update, now for sale :(

Phil-B

Oct 1, 2010
Wirral
I've been looking for a Cupra for ages now and finally got one a couple of weeks back. It's already in mint condition but i'll be getting it perfect and changing alot of the mods to make it my own.

I'm new to vag ownership and it's a massive step up from my 106 gti and i'm loving boost [B)]

From searching the forum i've found a previous readers ride thread on it, Dan Payne owned it and did a lot of the work to it and it would be good to see what he thinks of my plans!

Pics.

List of Mods:

Engine
240bhp and 270llb Torque
Ko3s Turbo
BMC Induction
Forge TIP
Forge 007p Dv
Forge FMIC
Turbo back miltek with sports cat
Race n75 valve.

Handling
Weitec Coilovers
Yokohama parada spec 2's

Styling
BBS RX's in anthracite
Bump strips and mirrors in anthracite
Anthracite Badges
De badged
Stubby arial
de wipered

There might be more but thats all i can think of!

More importantly the plans :)

Short term:
I've already got some 17" Super t's which are going to be powder coated gloss black and will buying some eagle f1's to wrap them in.
Machine polish to remove swirls
Get the interior as spotless as the outside.
Colour coded to red
And lots of other bits and pieces.

Long term is Hybrid power :p

I'm just looking to get it as imaculate as possible and taking it back to more of a standard look seeing as it's an R!

It's not letting me upload pics yet becasue i need more posts, will get some up soon!

Last edited:

Phil-B

Oct 1, 2010
Wirral
Thanks :) I cant really take much credit on how it looks at the moment, i'm selling the bbs wheels even though they do look good, i want the superturismo's back on.

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Looks nice!

Nice spec too

Definately a step from the french 16v's i loved it when i sold my old vts for mine :)

Just missed the go kart handling lol

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Love the cupra r mate and in the best colour of course [B)]

Id keep the bbs's , suit the car really well, super t's are nice but abit common on these, but each to their own. Mirrors in anthracite or a really nice touch, especially on red cars!

You'll soon get used to KO3s power and crave more, enjoy it!

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
Looks really nice - thought I'd seen it before!

Just replied to your "new members" thread.

Give me a shout when you want rid of the BBS'... may be tempted. :)

Last edited:

Phil-B

Oct 1, 2010
Wirral
Great car Phil will love watching this develop like the corsa did :p

Cheers mate! I miss my corsa :(

Looks nice!

Nice spec too

Definately a step from the french 16v's i loved it when i sold my old vts for mine :)

Just missed the go kart handling lol

Thats exactly how i feel, i loved how the 106 handled i could just throw it into any corner and it would come out the other side. Still getting used to the cupra though.

I wouldn't go back to it now, i just can't get enough of the low down pull!

heres a pic of my old gti just before i sold it

Love the cupra r mate and in the best colour of course [B)]

Id keep the bbs's , suit the car really well, super t's are nice but abit common on these, but each to their own. Mirrors in anthracite or a really nice touch, especially on red cars!

You'll soon get used to KO3s power and crave more, enjoy it!

I'd read your progress thread while i was just browsing the forum for info on them. It looks very tasty!
Of course the red cupra's are the best, i actually couldn't bring myselft to buy other colour, i missed my red corsa so much i had to get a red ibiza!

I know what you mean about the wheels i really like them to. But you know when it doesn't feel like your own without changing it to exactly how i want it? So i've got to change them. They are commom but the R's did come with them as standard and these are just the 17 inch version of the originals. Plus in i i'm liking the Borbet A's for some summer euro wheels in the future.

I will definitely be going hybrid in the future. I'll be keeping this car a long time :)

Looks really nice - thought I'd seen it before!

Just replied to your "new members" thread.

Give me a shout when you want rid of the BBS'... may be tempted. :)

Cheers!

I'm tempted to put them up very soon so i can buy new tyres for the super t's. You can always come and have a look at them!

I was tempted by eagle f1's but are hard to get and are £100 a corner for an old tyre design. They dont do the new asymetrics in 205/40/17. I'm being persuaded by the conti sport 3's? They come high up in most of the tests.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Hi Phil,

Your car looks really nice. I'd have to agree with others and say that those BBS' really suit the car and it would be a shame to remove them but... I get that you want to make it your own. I look forward to seeing the new wheels fitted to the car.

Have you managed to give it a machine polish yet or will you be waiting for an improvement in the weather before tackling that job?

James :)

Phil-B

Oct 1, 2010
Wirral
any daylight pics mate?? just got a set of rxIIs in 16s n quite fancy tryin them on the ibiza

I dont yet but going to be sorting some bits out this week so will get some more pics!

Lovely car mate. Pug looks mint too.

Looking good mate! keep it coming

Hi Phil,

Your car looks really nice. I'd have to agree with others and say that those BBS' really suit the car and it would be a shame to remove them but... I get that you want to make it your own. I look forward to seeing the new wheels fitted to the car.

Have you managed to give it a machine polish yet or will you be waiting for an improvement in the weather before tackling that job?

James :)

I know i know :( every time i walk up to it from a distance they look perfect, but i need a change and plus the sale of them will pay for new sticky rubber :)

Yep i'll be waiting for the weather to pick up, i'm itching to get at it, it's all waxed up for now though. I want the new wheels on and have it fully machine polished before i take it in for the body work, so they know the standard they have to match!

I'll buy your ko3s off when you are ready

I might be tempted to keep it so i have a back up, plus when the sad time comes to sell it i could put it back on and get the map reduced to suit.

nice mate, im new to the vag scene too, and just bought an ibiza cupra R, we may have to talk soon!

Thanks mate, yeh sure i'll keep an eye out for pics of yours!

Any updates on this yet met?

Will be fitting a new bearing this weekend and sorting some bits out this week, i'll update with some pics soon :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.