fourtwofive ibiza daily project

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
current spec
Got this little car for 700 pounds with a busted gearbox and plan on getting up to a nice daily picture at the end of thread. Car is stage one usaul revo forge cooler ect pretty standard.

first off i owned a stage 2 ibiza cupra. k03s but then decided i wanted to start again with a new cupra sold this to james judd and hes gone mad on it!

IMG_0010.jpg

i fancyed a fresh project so i got this

IMG_0011-1.jpg

then after a few weaks of owning it i fitted a uni front mount. but hated it but was fun to fit

IMG_0007-1.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2007
bristol
after owning the car for 2 months i decided to go for a k03s but shortly after fitting it i came into some smoking problems.
so it found out that my head gasket had gone or so it seemed so it was head off for my poor car.

IMG_0119.jpg

after checking the head gasket. we checked out the bottom end and found some nasty scrapes down the bore and one loose piston which was a shock.

IMG_0123-1.jpg

the head gasket had gone and was chucking coolent onto pistons and down the turbo and mani. not great.
so it was engine out job.

IMG_0120-1.jpg

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
so after all this i decided to go all out and get je forged pistons, uprated rods, bored out to 82.5.
port and flowed head new gearbox. pretty much getting ready for bt/hybrid in the summer, money depending.
but as you can see i havent had the best of luck with my new car. i should have kept the sweet running blue cupra, but you live and learn.

currently engine is out heads compleat ported flowed. new seated valves. just waiting on boring out and fitting new pistons and getting engine back in and up and running.

IMG_0130.jpg

my room has been taken over
IMG_0131.jpg

Last edited:

patchb

GTayeeeeeee
Sep 27, 2010
New Milton
Looking good on the rebuild so far man. Given you chance to get everything cleaned up before it goes back in I suppose?

Jim said something about you got a new front bumper that needs spraying as well?

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
Yer its going to look like new in the engine bay. I Was going to ask if you where interested in helping me spray up my bumper and bonnet. I don't think I can aford to take it to a spray shop right now.

patchb

GTayeeeeeee
Sep 27, 2010
New Milton
Yeah I can do if you want, I've got a few spraying tips off my dad so we should manage to get a decent finish on it.

One thing though if you want rattle can paint I would go down to Rainbow paints in Wimborne and get them to colour match to one of your body panels. I have got all the filler etc. you will need already.

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
Yer heads built bottom end has been bored out I'm just waiting on rebuild and dropping it back in was aiming for the weekend but the weather is pretty bad.
Why is yours off the road what's your plans??

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
Nearly there then! Yeh its awful weather isnt it, yeh got a few things in mind, plus i dont wanna risk spanking a curb in the snow.
I was gunna fit some bucket seats, relocate battery, relocate airfilter into the space, small washer bottle, oil catch tank, WMI after xmas hopefully and a 3" decat DP if i have any money left!
Then sometime next year do the rods and get saving for about a year for a BT.

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
sweet man good idea i was thinking of buying a cheap run around car to get to work in. ill keep posting. hope i get my engine in on the weekend i miss my car so much.
im thinking of going k04 hybrid....

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
Yeah i was just gunna use the old dears car, im not putting many miles on it now coz im getting the train to work. yeah thats a good move ill have to let you do it all 1st and you can let me know how much it all cost and what too do.

patchb

GTayeeeeeee
Sep 27, 2010
New Milton
Thats a Massive improvement just in looks. Can't wait to see what it goes like once you've run it in.

Red strut brace needs a colour change though lol.

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
running it in is not so bad even at 1/4 throttle and at 4k its pretty scary already once its mapped and properly run in its going to be nuts.

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
Yer it is a little but you can really feel the difference it's pretty much a brand new engine. The power is really sharp and instant even at the low speeds I'm at now. Im only 130 miles in got to do a oil and filter change at 400 miles and start to open her up can't wait

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
Yeah i bet i had a look at the pics and they look like sex, im thinking about maybe going 1.9 myself, i used to work at a place that rebuilt old F1 engines so im gunna see if they will let me use there machiens to bore it out and skim the block and head. Only problem is i really dont think i can be bothered to take the engine out, how much did all the machiening cost you?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.