FL Cupra and lighting needle - help

chisel

Jan 15, 2006
Hi.

Now when I drive with DRL (day running lights) I have lighting only with MFD (multi funcjonal dis.).

Where I can find function of ONLY needle lighting with MFD dutring the day ?

Thanks
Cupra 09

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Have you ever had the neeedles light up with the DRL's ?

I didn't think it could be done to make sure you put your proper lights on at night.

chisel

Jan 15, 2006
Have you ever had the neeedles light up with the DRL's ?

I didn't think it could be done to make sure you put your proper lights on at night.

No, I didn't, but I drove Cupra R MY2010 with it, so it is possible. This R had needle sweep as well.

chisel

Jan 15, 2006
Prove, that you can do that ;)

But still don't know where to find it :banned:

Last edited:
But the second pic seems to show the headlights are on too? If the headlights are on, it's no surprise that the dials are lit. Do you have a pic definitively showing the dials/needles lit with just DRLs on? Or am I missing the point?

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Yeah as above needles and dials are lit up all the time but depending on the light sensor in the speedo where the fr or r logo is depends how bright the dials are illuminated.

Sent from my iPhone

chisel

Jan 15, 2006
I do have xenon headlights and DRL. When I drive with DRL on only MFD is lighting. I sure for 100% that you can add needle lighting without dials. But how?...

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Vag.com perhaps?

Sometimes on mine it looks like only the needles are lit but I think it's just that they're brighter than the dials.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members