Queen's Cupra - My build thread

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
So this is my build thread. Been having the Cupra for 7 months now and enjoying it. I plan on doing a lot so stay tuned! Let's start with the current mods.

Performance:
Recently I Revo'd it (file 3, 100 oct. RON) and changed the intake with DTM Homologe carbon fiber pipe and Pipercross filter (C0187). It's a straight and very short carbon fiber pipe paired with a bigger air filter (bigger than its predecessor that was located in the front - Revo Greece now offers the optional bigger filter). Due to its new location (as shown below) and construction offers better airflow, lower air intake temps by approx. 10-12°C compared to the previous filter installed by Revo (because it's located away from the engine), and an amazing blow-off sound that it's 3-4 times louder than the stock. I have 220bhp and 320Nm as advertised by Revo Greece. The pull in low-mid revs has improved greatly and on higher revs there are no significant losses either. To give you an example now 100-140km/h even pulls a bit harder than 60-100km/h and at 120 I feel the strongest pull.

enginebay01.jpg

enginebay02.jpg

enginebay03.jpg

Visuals:
I changed the DRL lamps with xenon-look leds to match the xenon headlights and give a more elegant look. Also I changed the rear license plate lights with leds (no pics with those for the moment). No error codes.

front01.jpg

front03.jpg

image_url-8134-1291223805.jpg

image_url-8134-1291223754.jpg

image_url-8134-1291223740.jpg

image_url-8134-1291223716.jpg

Finally I did a slight weight reduction by removing the spare wheel, jack/tools and the surprisingly heavy stock filter box.
The future mods include JE Design rear spoiler, new 18'' OZ alloys with 225/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires and hopefully much more!

P.S. I don't really remember whether race videos are allowed or not, you can watch a few of this baby in action by searching "queen's cupra" on youtube. [B)]

Last edited:

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
Thank you. You could just change the stock filter with a panel filter or install forge induction kit. I had the most positive feedback by those who used the Pipercross-DTM combo.

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Thank you. You could just change the stock filter with a panel filter or install forge induction kit. I had the most positive feedback by those who used the Pipercross-DTM combo.

Ah ok. Only thing i'm dubious about the pipercross filters is that they're made of foam, and this can break down and get sucked into the intake. But if maintenance is kept up on them, i suppose they'll be fine :)

Any more plans for more power, exhaust system, bigger chargers, fueling etc? Not really sure how strict your tuning laws are over there

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
That is one really nice looking car, very smart and rather cool.:D
Thank you!
Ah ok. Only thing i'm dubious about the pipercross filters is that they're made of foam, and this can break down and get sucked into the intake. But if maintenance is kept up on them, i suppose they'll be fine :)

Any more plans for more power, exhaust system, bigger chargers, fueling etc? Not really sure how strict your tuning laws are over there

Hadn't thought of that! Other than the occasional washing for the dust what else should I do?

Will do! First of all fmic because there's a lot of heat soak, fitted before summer. Probably Forge intercooler. I'm waiting for Milltek as their exhaust is now under testing. Then I will go for Revo stage 2. After that clutchpacks. Haven't thought further than that... :)

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Sounds good :)

Just take it off every few months, give it a good clean, and check for any deterioration. Should be fine following these steps ;)

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
Hello people!

I'm back with a visual modification. I changed the color of the roof with 3M glossy black vinyl to give the panoramic sunroof illusion and fitted the je design rear top spoiler (in glossy black vinyl too). The car got a more "angry" look and people seem now more surprised watching a young woman flooring it. ;)

right.jpg

rear_right1.jpg

rear_right2.jpg

rear_left1.jpg

front_right.jpg

rear_right3.jpg

rear1.jpg

rear2.jpg

rear3.jpg

In less than a month I will install the Forge intercooler, until summer the Seat original sideskirts and right after summer the Milltek or Blueflame exhaust.

I also uploaded some new videos: Queen's Cupra

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Good job queen. Glad to see you went with the JE DESIGN spoiler over OEM but then again I am biased to it too hehehehehhehehe. Next thing on my list is the roof too and the diffuser and inserts going gloss black.

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
@Seatmann Thank you!
@jc_boc Thank you Jason! Hehehe after all you were the one who told me about the je design spoiler!
Yeap I plan on doing the diffuser plus inserts too. Most probably when I'll install the exhaust to match the shinny exhaust tip.

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
Thank you! I will, but as I want the kw variant 3 I'm currently saving. I will also change my wheels with 18inch black OZ maybe a multispoke design and that will improve the wheel gap which is my primary concern! Then sticky tires possibly Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 225/40/18 but I'll check if they fit as I think it will be marginal. :)

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
LOL, I also want the W V3 coillies but at +-£1200.00 I will be saving for a while yet hahahahahahhaa. Wait till I get my wheels, still saving for that too hahahahahhaa

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.