Badly damaged, tipped over :(

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Well..... It's carnaval in the Netherlands, and that means everyone is drunk from 11 PM till 7AM..... I already hated Carnaval, but...

This is how I woked up this morning... And yes, I cried... badly.
Foto1248.jpg

Foto1249.jpg

After putting it on it's wheels, damage didn't seem too bad. Needs a new door(doorhandle and mirror pushed dents in it), doors crunching when you open it so might be something with the hinges too. New front fender would be handy too, and rear quarter needs a lot of filler and a respray. I'm not insured for this kind of damage, only insured in a way that, when I hit someone else, I only pay my own damage... But there's a funding thing here for these kinds of damages, so I hope I can get some money off of that...
Foto1251.jpg

Foto1250.jpg

Foto1253.jpg

Starts and runs beautifully by the way... any problems I might need to look out for? Except for bend suspension from tipping it back over?!

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
jesus! sorry to hear it dude! should of lowered it more ;) remind me to not take my car to holland!

rob ibiza

that is bad mate

at least they didnt put a screwdriver though you fuel tank or rip cables of from under the car

i'd check everything as you dont know when they have done to the parts

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Just imagine being in a corsa and that happening mate

Then you would be happy cuz that would make the Corsa better!... Nah, I don't want this to happen to anyone...

Having some problems in getting the doorcard off though, can't get the window wind thingy off... Did get new mirrors and a new side window though, but yeah... Any help?

Cupra Tommy

Dec 29, 2010
Ticehurst, East Sussex
Just a note about window winder,at the base of the handle there's like a separate ring on plastic,u should be able to push it up one way,as it acts as a clip to stop the handle coming off in your hand

crossedmike

tbh mate the damage doesnt look to bad unless you camera isnt showing dents but nobody would ever wants this to happen your area looks secure with the gates etc etc but be gratefull they didnt burn it out or cut you breaks etc etc

on one other upsire looks a nice clean chassis and rust free

Last edited by a moderator:

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
That's wrong!!! I done stupid things in the past , like 4 of us picking up a mates mini and moving it down the road ( causing no damage ). But that is going too far.
Hope you get it sorted, and again sorry to hear the bad news.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
When I saw the thread title I thought to myself 'No way, it cant be the car' I couldnt believe it when I opened the thread up and saw the picture.

Sorry to see/hear it?!

Makes you wonder what goes on in some peoples heads [:@] :censored: [:@]

Hope you get compensation and it isnt too expensive to repair.

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Thanks alot Cupra_Tommy!

The fence is actually from some abandoned and demolished factory. The street is on the side where the car is. I live in a small village at a small T-junction, the driveway part where I parked the car is basically next to one of the streets on the junction, and there are about 4 houses that nearly completely look out over the place, yet noone saw anything... Only our deaf old neighbour said he heard something but thought it was just some chatting and stuff. Even my parents, who sleep at the road side with window open(always.) did not wake up(they wake up from EVERYTHING for god sakes!)...

Damage was pretty bad, but seriously not as bad as I expected. It's got loads of little chips and dents on the rear quarter, but I think with some filler and a hammer it should be fixable. More worried about the paint... It's full white dots where it's shaved down to the undercoat... but believe me, the arches are going to rust now... Shaved down all the way to the metal in some places. Totally screwed...

Door is badly bent, wouldn't really open at first either, makes a crunching noise when opening too. Doorhandle made a big dent in the door itself so it doesn't work very well either.. I went to get a side window and mirror from the scrapheap and tried to fit them. Door was too badly bent to even fit the window at first, but I did a bodge job to bend it back, using screwdrivers and a hammer... Needs a new door anyway so screw it the paintdamage I caused with that.

Paid about 90 bucks for a window and 2 mirrors(bought the right one aswell, since the parts they're attached to are badly worn on mine :rolleyes:)

Every time someone drove by while looking at me in a wrong way while I was working, I thought "you could've done it... ffs don't look you at me like that you idiot or I'll effing kill you"...

Just got a note from the police aswell... They can't do anything unless we find out who did it, and even then they'll say "we need to investigate it more broadly, even though we know who did it!"(Happened before).... My dad filled in 3000 bucks as damage costs in the report(idk why xD)...

Going to try to get some money off of some kind of guarantee fund(which is for vandalism of anything if you're under-insured...), but I doubt I'll be able to actually get anything(since even the scrapheap did not give me a coupon with costs etc).

Hands are a bit bloody now cause I wasn't very careful while cleaning the interior of glass and while fitting the new window(cut myself a couple of times on the door frame lol). Still kind of hoping I'll wake up in a couple of minutes, realising it was a nightmare or something...

If the paintdamage wasn't as bad, you wouldn't really notice much... but it is badly bend(especially where the front bumper, bumpstrips, doorhandle, mirror and side indicator are, everything is dented...)...

Last edited:

sheriiff

Jul 17, 2010
northallerton
I feel sorry for u mate, id b hunting them down whoever did this, some one will b bragging bout it in a pub somewhere, just av to ask about. I hope you get it sorted.

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
I would be hunting them down and I'd basically get them hospital-ready if I found out who did it... Either that, or I'd take a nice long walk over the roof and hood of their car(if they even have one...), probably also jumping on it a couple of times, maybe sticking some nails in some 4 pieces of rubber,, you get the drill :D

Right so I got parts today, very cheap.. Got a fender and a door in the right color today, total of 77 pounds delivered, no glass(good for me, didn't spend for nothing) and no doorcard(still have that of course)..... Slightly damaged(some small dings in the fender), obvious with this age... Door has got some paintdamage, but it's not bent like my old door.

She's going back together, that's for sure!

Also, paint color is mint! So if I ever get to grow a money-tree, I know where to get a new hood/bonnet and right-side fender to get rid of the worn out paint!

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.