Calling owners with VW MFD3

Jammy78

Aug 27, 2004
Hemel Hempstead
Hi,

Ok, I've read so many posts regarding these MFD3 in our Leons & need to clarify some things.

I've decided to go for a VW version as I want the full postcode search. Anyone with a VW version, could you tell me if you have the clock shift issue & the part number of your Can bus gateway..... found using a vag-com.

I need to establish what can bus gateways causes the issue & which ones are ok!

I have a 2007 cupra & believe I'll get the clock shift, so I want to get a newer gateway but I want to confirm with a member the part number that will def work (I have BT & the full MFD).

Or do you get the clock shift with the VW versions, no matter how new your Leon is?

Cheers

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
Hi,

Ok, I've read so many posts regarding these MFD3 in our Leons & need to clarify some things.

I've decided to go for a VW version as I want the full postcode search. Anyone with a VW version, could you tell me if you have the clock shift issue & the part number of your Can bus gateway..... found using a vag-com.

I need to establish what can bus gateways causes the issue & which ones are ok!

I have a 2007 cupra & believe I'll get the clock shift, so I want to get a newer gateway but I want to confirm with a member the part number that will def work (I have BT & the full MFD).

Or do you get the clock shift with the VW versions, no matter how new your Leon is?

Cheers

I have an 08 FR TDI and have got the VW version. No clock shift for me and I read that any of the new can gateway's (from the dealer) will be suitable.

I also read that any car from 08 plate onwards had a compatible can gateway.

Jammy78

Aug 27, 2004
Hemel Hempstead
I have an 08 FR TDI and have got the VW version. No clock shift for me and I read that any of the new can gateway's (from the dealer) will be suitable.

I also read that any car from 08 plate onwards had a compatible can gateway.

What unit have you got...... A, B or C?

Yeah, I just want to know what part number is in the 08 models..... as I'm gonna go down the used route as they cost £130 new!

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
what unit have you got...... A, b or c?

Yeah, i just want to know what part number is in the 08 models..... As i'm gonna go down the used route as they cost £130 new!

Have a C version

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
Just plugged VAG COM in and got the part number of my CAN Gateway (2008 08 Leon FR TDI):

Control Module Part Number: 1K0 907 530 P
HW: 1K0 907 951
Component and/or Version: J533__Gateway H16 0192

Jammy78

Aug 27, 2004
Hemel Hempstead
Just plugged VAG COM in and got the part number of my CAN Gateway (2008 08 Leon FR TDI):

Control Module Part Number: 1K0 907 530 P
HW: 1K0 907 951
Component and/or Version: J533__Gateway H16 0192

Nice one mate...... exactly what I needed!!!!

Just need to find where it's located in the Leon!!!!

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Safe to assume this would be the same on the RCD510? Been offered one at a good price and don't really need Sat Nav. Plus it'd be nice to have better iPod functionality because my Mac formatted iPod doesn't work with my Cupra :(

dayoagogo

Clocks i got the clock shift when i put a sat nav in my 2006 seat leon is it a case of changing the clocks for a newer version to get away from this... I'm puzzled

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
Clocks i got the clock shift when i put a sat nav in my 2006 seat leon is it a case of changing the clocks for a newer version to get away from this... I'm puzzled

you need to change the CAN Gateway to a new version to get around this. Not sure on pricing but heard that they were around £100 and are located behind the OBD plug (thanks to jammy78 for this info)

dayoagogo

so it is not a case of changing the clocks or is this part of the clocks any idea where i find the offending article. If it is just a case of changing clocks i would of been happier as i can get some clocks quite easily:confused:

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
so it is not a case of changing the clocks or is this part of the clocks any idea where i find the offending article. If it is just a case of changing clocks i would of been happier as i can get some clocks quite easily:confused:

Please read the thread above. The CAN Gateway is not the clocks. Also clocks don't just change that easy either, they are part of the immobilizer and needs to be re-coded into the ECU.

dayoagogo

thanks after i posted that reply i read into the can gateway i'll have to get in touch with seat about them and try and find what 1 i need my car is a 2006 leon stylance 1.9tdi

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise